Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

Senior Player
    Who won the ruck battle between Pyke and Seaby?

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Who won the ruck battle between Pyke and Seaby?
    I thought Seaby but Pyke had more influence at ground level

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Fair number of players were "missing" - some not completely missing as they were seen running laps at various degrees of intensity. Those not taking part included
    ROK
    Spangher
    TDL
    LRT
    Hanners
    Lynch
    Walsh
    Armstrong
    Mitchell
    Brown
    Kruger

The standouts for me were McVeigh and McGlynn. Bird started very well but was less involved as the game went on. Jack started quietly but really came into it during the second and third "thirds". Malceski was also very busy (and I didn't see too much of the "bad" stuff that Ugg referred to). And Moore got very involved too, around the half-forward line, with his excellent footy brain on show. Reid's marking was as graceful as last year but his goal conversion was, unfortunately, also similar to what we have come to expect.
    Sorry but TDL playeed Liz he kicked a goal after changing from Red to Yellow. I thought Shane Biggs was pretty good, got to posie well and knows how to get it. He needs some work on his disposal and second guessing though. The Doggie was really good. Another little bloke, number 26 in the Red don't know who but he wasn't bad. Kennedy was also good. Goodsie supreme except for his goal kicking a bit amiss. Sammy missed his first two but the next was good. He stabs at the ball and doesn't follow through as though he is not confident of the kick. Parker got very involved in the second half but was not prevalent in the first. I thought all the ruckmen were good, Seebs kicked a good goal after leading up.

Jesse doesn't seem to get it. He can do a really good thing one minute, take a good mark etc then? Out on the wing he brought the ball to ground and the little bloke who got it was going to run into trouble and Jesse just stood there and at the last minute assisted but too late. Frustrating! The second kick into the forward line is still a problem at times, the first is point perfect but the second....... Shaw was prominent but gave one up kicking out of defense hit TDL 9opposition) on the chest, goal! Must be cleaner than that i saw a bit of that sort of thing but less than this time last year. Nipper was good too! I liked the way he went about it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks for the pics CTR - well done.
    And thank you all for your comments.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    By bad things I meant Mal struggled with some of his defensive work. I think offensively he was pretty good

In general it felt like the Swans were keen to play on after a mark, especially in the forward half. A few times a leading forward would take a mark up the ground and there would be a midfielder running up beside him ready for the handpass. Agree with the praise that Reid received on the website but Ted didn't do much wrong either. It's just that when Reid gets the space to get a clean run and jump at it I don't think there is a defender with a long enough reach to spoil him

For the person asking about Cunningham he was playing off halfback no doubt to utilize his runnin power. However he's not just an athlete as he had a neat kicking action. He played on TDL when Trent came on late in the match

Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    Armstrong was running laps. TDL came on in the 2nd half and didn't do anything flashy. He did lay a few tackles though and so here's hoping that's a good sign for him for this year.
    He did kick a goal from a Shawie gift but I thought Jetstar was pretty good especially in the first half.

I reckon Doggie will get a run in the NAB Cup, Nipper, Lockyer, Biggs and Cunningham. Some that didn't play will probably get a run there too and a few of the experienced players will probably have a rest till week two.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    On Jetta I think he's going to continue to frustrate coaches on fans alike based on today's performance. He is too fumbly under pressure and isn't keen to take on players. There was one passage of play where McVeigh set him up with a nice handball but jets gave it straight back to a stationary McVeigh who was subsequently tackled and turned it over

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I reckon Doggie will get a run in the NAB Cup, Nipper, Lockyer, Biggs and Cunningham. Some that didn't play will probably get a run there too and a few of the experienced players will probably have a rest till week two.
    Looking at the teams for this weeks round of matches, it seems most are going with 12-14 first choice players and a lot of fringe players and kids. Expect we may do similar next week against Geelong and St.Kilda but us the following two games to try a more senior and more likely R1 line up.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/swans%...aspx#playvideo

Dunno who he journo is on Horse's right but she was asking some good questions. Not just the typical crap and got Horse to expand a little bit. Hope to hear/read more of her.

Horse said he thought Jetta was very good on the wing which goes against what ugg said. Also mentioned Lockyer, Everitt, Reid, McGlynn as good contributors today.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Looking at the teams for this weeks round of matches, it seems most are going with 12-14 first choice players and a lot of fringe players and kids. Expect we may do similar next week against Geelong and St.Kilda but us the following two games to try a more senior and more likely R1 line up.
    I agree I think the first NAB cup game is always a try the young blokes game. For us anyway as we don't have to win it like, Carlton, Bullies, Richmond or North due to being almost broke. There is a lot to be happy about. The young blokes looked pretty good. I am impressed with both Cunningham and Biggs who both played on the HB line. Biggs has to be more decisive and cleaner in his kicks but other than that he is a good kid. A bloke I was talking to said Lambchop is a nice young bloke, a real country kid, pity he is injured. All the injured players can't be too far away other than Spang by the looks of the running they were doing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    McGlynn + Goodesy both looked superb.

Wouldn't be surprised if AJ is in the leadership group in a year or so, was barking out instructions pretty confidently today.
    Good to hear re AJ. I had the same thought after the Hawks final.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast