Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    Good to hear re AJ. I had the same thought after the Hawks final.
    Yep AJ is really good shouting encouragement and geeing up teammates. A real boon this young bloke

Senior Player
    AJ was captain at Oakleigh Chargers before being drafted, so it makes sense.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/swans%...aspx#playvideo

Dunno who he journo is on Horse's right but she was asking some good questions. Not just the typical crap and got Horse to expand a little bit. Hope to hear/read more of her.

Horse said he thought Jetta was very good on the wing which goes against what ugg said. Also mentioned Lockyer, Everitt, Reid, McGlynn as good contributors today.
    I hung around for the presser. The lass you're referring to was from Foxsports., and you're right. She was the one who wasn't asking the bland ,predictable questions that make most coaches and supporters weep.

I'm with ugg..Jetta did one nice thing early but didn't contribute much thru my eyes.

Benny McGlynn,Kieran J, Jarrad McVeigh,Goodesy all had a day out.

Josh Kennedy distributed the ball with his customary style..from impossible traffic straight to a man.

Teddy and Sam Reid tussled for half the game, and I thought honours werwe about even,I don't see any 2nd season nerves from Reidy and Ted just picked up where he left off.

Rohan was pretty fumbly early then disconsolately returned to the rooms about half way through the exercise..wheter injured or disillusioned I don't know.

Play was pretty tight for the first half, and opened up later.

Mummy rucked well, and tussled with both his supporters..he took the honours but we shouldn't feel too bad if he needs to be replaced for any reaeason this season by Pyke or Seabs.

Senior Player
    Oh and lots of talk around the place on Jordan Lockyer, including from the coach. He mentioned his name two or three times in post match

Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/swans%...aspx#playvideo

Dunno who he journo is on Horse's right but she was asking some good questions. Not just the typical crap and got Horse to expand a little bit. Hope to hear/read more of her.

Jenny McAsey was on deck, so that may have been her. She was our media leader for a while, and a Swans member anyway. May have gone back to mainstream, but I heard (yet another one of those someone told me who someone told) that she was going back to being more of a family girl, so it may have been another tragic.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Jenny McAsey was on deck, so that may have been her. She was our media leader for a while, and a Swans member anyway. May have gone back to mainstream, but I heard (yet another one of those someone told me who someone told) that she was going back to being more of a family girl, so it may have been another tragic.
    Yeah Prim, Jenny was there, but stayed in background at presser. It was the good sort from Foxsports asked the good q's .

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For the person asking about Cunningham he was playing off halfback no doubt to utilize his runnin power. However he's not just an athlete as he had a neat kicking action. He played on TDL when Trent came on late in the match
    Thx Ugg. What's the chances of him getting a game this year ? He's a rookie isn't he ?

Veterans List
    Can lightning strike twice?

A. Goodes ND Pick 43

J. Lockyer ND Pick 43

I notice Lockyer is getting lots of mentions from the coaching panel, could he be the bolter for 2012 and yet another late draft pick winner?

He comes with good pedigree and background, must have been disappointed WCE didn't Father-Son him, he was still touted to go late first round in the ND and we couldn't wait to call out his name when pick 43 came around late in the secound round.

Fingers crossed for him and us.

Regular in the Side
    An enjoyable morning
    Goodes, Benny, Reid are very good
    Like Bird
    Seaby still ahead of Pyke
    Don't think Jetta will be a winner
    Moore should have a second chance
    Lockyer has the potential

As I said way back Who Was That Guy honours taken by Jordan Lockyer.

Looks like we are all on the money here. Reminds me of that game against Collingwood when we were all wondering who 32 was. Kept the number. Not saying he is that good, its just that we noticed him for all the right reasons.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I didn't think Jetts was terrible today, he got plenty of it but it is his decision making that worries me. He has all that pace and doesn't take them on. He did once today burnt off three but delivered badly because he second guessed again. He always gets himself or a teammate in trouble doing that. The first option is normally the best and if it isn't make it better.

what about Birdy ??
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast