Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Parker?

Birdy was very satisfying to watch. Growing up and into a very good player.

Parks looked just fine. Hard worker, talented, imho, no worries.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone, glad you liked the pics from today. It's a pleasure to upload them and have them seen.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Yeah Prim, Jenny was there, but stayed in background at presser. It was the good sort from Foxsports asked the good q's .
    I walked behind her to the ground from Fox Studio's and I must admit she was wearing very nicely tailored and fitting slacks with jacket.

Under Primmy's instructions I took loads of photo's of semi naked Swans. Primmy thought that the other Ladies on RWO would appreciate them. I also managed to take some photo's of the action. There should be a picture of Richard Colless there who I know everyone will want to upload. The Powerade girl got a few photo's as well. I was just checking the focus of my camera when I was taking pictures of her so I don't want anyone to read anything else into that.

Got some good close up photo's of quite a few of the guys doing their skills session after the game.

There was a cool breeze blowing so it made the conditions bearable to a point.

Hard to see the standouts for me at ground level. Kizza took a big knock right in front of us so they were pretty serious out there.

I don't know what the strategy was to have 7 jumpers with the same number of the back. So made it impossible to recognise the newbies.

Tommy Walsh is very broad across the shoulders and solid looking.

Hanners was wearing a pink tank top which was interesting as you'll see from the photo's.

Fortunately no injuries of any significance that I could tell.

Goodesy stood out well above everyone else and it was great to see our 3 talls all playing.

Benny was OK and active and Jude had quite a hard workout.

So I will load them up on my silly Flickr thingy tomorrow.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

All in all a good hit out but it is early days and it is always scrappier at this end of the season. If you watch the NAB Cup you will see that most sides are a little rusty. It takes until about mid season to get into full stride. The early games will be won on talent and teamwork as most sides are not at their top form then. Alan Jeans used to say "Mosey in March and Steamroll in September". I think we have a few guys that are going to be pushing for a berth in the side to play GWS. Lockyer and Morton for a start. I know they are looking to get Tony Armstrong fit and ready for round one as he has already been talked up. So it will be interesting who plays the first round.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    On Jetta I think he's going to continue to frustrate coaches on fans alike based on today's performance. He is too fumbly under pressure and isn't keen to take on players. There was one passage of play where McVeigh set him up with a nice handball but jets gave it straight back to a stationary McVeigh who was subsequently tackled and turned it over
    And yet when I first got to the ground Ugg I saw a fella blaze into the forward, demand the ball from the forward, take a strong contested mark, then calmly walk back and slot the goal from 40m - and was thoroughly delighted to see it was Jetta. I think it's important for this young fella that the caoching staff emphasise the good behaviour (while not letting him completely off the hook for the bad).

Veterans List
    My thoughts: game style certainly looked different, but hard to tell why. When play was stopped, it seemed to be an effort to structure to play/beat the press, so I guess unsurprisingly more emphasis on that.

Thought the Reid/Richards duel was a ripper, honours to Teddy.
    Pleasing signs from McGlynn, Bird, Everett, Jesse (who thought was crashing packs exactly the way we want). Barely a contested mark taken but that's pre-season footy for you I guess. Foot skills still way down, but at least shooting at goals seemed a tad better.

For me less stand-outs from the young 'uns compared to past years, but maybe coz I didn't recognise many. That said, you definitely get the sense there is more depth in this squad than we have in recent years. Guess time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Yeah Prim, Jenny was there, but stayed in background at presser. It was the good sort from Foxsports asked the good q's .
    Neroli Meadows I believe. And yes, she is a good sort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    Nice work with the camera there!!

The biggest change I noticed in this set was the size of Meredith.
    Looks like he's lost his skinny boy image.
    If he doesn't make it this year I reckon he could be looking for another home.
    Last edited by ScottH; 18th February 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAgent View Post
    And thanks Matt, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    And yet when I first got to the ground Ugg I saw a fella blaze into the forward, demand the ball from the forward, take a strong contested mark, then calmly walk back and slot the goal from 40m - and was thoroughly delighted to see it was Jetta. I think it's important for this young fella that the caoching staff emphasise the good behaviour (while not letting him completely off the hook for the bad).
    Agree Gaint I saw his first half and thought it mostly very good. A little quieter in the second but still about and did make a couple of blues. On the whole I thought his effort very good.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast