Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media Ladder predictions 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    You can remove all the Collingwood fans from your definition of 'readers' of that rag...
    The Collingwood fans are still using it to wrap their chips

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Well the new BFNews site has my tick of approval.

Sydney Swans 2012 Season Preview | The BigFooty News

4th - 6th
    That is more like it a very good review. The guy has looked long and hard at us and really sums the situation up as it should be.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    That is more like it a very good review. The guy has looked long and hard at us and really sums the situation up as it should be.
    Nice to see we picked up Dane Swan in the off season as well. I must have missed that one. he'll be quite handy.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

haha how did I miss that?!

I missed that too but at least he had a look & I think he meant Jack. Sometimes because of the Swans name and the player they get it all mixed up. I heard a commentator last year call Swan 3 times as a Swans player in a match.

I'm all a flutter....positive feedback....not sure I know how to handle it...
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Dermie has us sixth.
    Can't really quarrel. Bottom half of the top half feels like home turf.
    Dermie's AFL preview: sixth place | AFL | Fox Sports
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Just wild about Harry
    I think he is spot on.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The Age guide arrived today. Walls and Lloyd both have us at 7, basically saying we need more stars from the new boys. Garry Lyon has us at 4, and I'll give you his words:
    Every year I find myself struggling to squeeze the Swans into the eight. I am now a believer. They could be the most honest team in the competition and find themselves with a nicely balanced list. Goodes, Bolton, O'Keefe and McVeigh are outstanding leaders. Kennedy and Jack have been joined by A-grade insiders in Hannebery and Parker, and they have at their disposal two of the most exciting talents in the game in Reid and Rohan ready to explode. Reid we know about and, in terms of value, there would be few ahead of him on an open market; Rohan's best is yet to be seen but there are no limits on what he can achieve.
    Well and truly on the radar I'd say.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Like the Gary Lyon one and always appreciate Dermies views, but not that impressed with Andy Ryans article (its like he's heard other people say a few nice things and he's just repeating them all the while getting some of the details wrong)

Still while we have some issues, our preseason wasnt too bad.

I'm thinking of the team that declared it was in flag contention and went winless in the NAB. Every single pundit will puthem above us - can't wait to prove them wrong.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

everyone loves the look of gazza rohan! i think dermie is right, but i think if we play like we did against geelong every game we could have a really solid season and get the 4th birth. we have to beat carlton, they were dominate against us last year and to make top 4 i think we have to knock them off. we got awfully close to beating the magscum and with the introduction of a few of our younger lads and some new forwards we could beat them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast