Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media Ladder predictions 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Warming the Bench

Media Ladder predictions 2012

In today's herald sun Shane Crawford had Sydney finishing in 11th. These are his full predictions.

1. Hawthorn
    2. Collingwood
    3. Carlton
    4. Geelong
    5. Fremantle
    6. West Coast
    7. Essendon
    8. North Melbourne
    9. St Kilda
    10. W. Bulldogs
    11. Sydney
    12. Melbourne
    13. Richmond
    14. Adelaide
    15. Brisbane Lions
    16. Gold Coast
    17. Port Adeliade
    18. GWS

Some of the teams he has us behind astound me, i think i will wait for a more reputable media personality to have his 2c.

There is no link to this on the herald sun website(that i know of).

On the Rookie List

Underestimate us at your peril

That's fine, they will keep underestimating us as they do every year to their peril. I do not see the talent that would make Freo, Nth, Ess, Dogs, StK better than us. I even think that WC will stumble this year after overacheiving last year. We will be competing with Carl and WC for the last spot in the 4 IMO.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by linko View Post
    That's fine, they will keep underestimating us as they do every year to their peril. I do not see the talent that would make Freo, Nth, Ess, Dogs, StK better than us. I even think that WC will stumble this year after overacheiving last year. We will be competing with Carl and WC for the last spot in the 4 IMO.

Link
    Doggies, Saints on the way down and needing to rebuild. Freo are in a similar possie really as they need to look at height in their forward line. They still haven't addressed that. North I don't see doing much as there will probably be player disharmony when the payments start to slow. Essendon will do OK but I still see them as about 1 to 3 years behind us. Carlton have to win one in the next two or I think players will start to leave. WCE are not going away, Worsfold is a mongrel and mongrels win premierships. Look at all the very successful coaches, Mick, Sheeds, Jeans, Kennedy, Barrassi, Barney, Thompson, Scott and even our own Roosie had mongrel about them. They knew how to win and played it hard.

There's a surprise, he picked Hawthorn to win the flag!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Just wild about Harry
    I must admit that when I clicked on this I thought it was an old thread. He did exactly the same last year and I wouldnt be surprised if this was the same ladder reprinted. He says this to create a storm with supporters so that they can sell papers.

Haha what a twat - but hardly a suprise! Can't wait to come back and look at this thread at the end of the year when he and all his other muppet media friends are proven wrong by us!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Haha what a twat - but hardly a suprise! Can't wait to come back and look at this thread at the end of the year when he and all his other muppet media friends are proven wrong by us!
    Come back, MCS!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    If I was asked to produce a ladder that would sell the greatest number of papers in suburban Melbourne, I too would highlight the local teams chances of playing finals. And fill the last 5 places with interstate teams.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I must admit that when I clicked on this I thought it was an old thread. He did exactly the same last year and I wouldnt be surprised if this was the same ladder reprinted. He says this to create a storm with supporters so that they can sell papers.
    That's rather cynical Dosser. Why would such a reputable, fair minded, accurate and incisive rag want to do that? Besides they sprout daily that they are the biggest selling paper in Australia. How many more readers do they think they can get? I suspect it is done to hold the line on sales. I heard figures quoted this week that despite the huge increase in population since 1950, they actually sell less papers today than they did back then.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That's rather cynical Dosser. Why would such a reputable, fair minded, accurate and incisive rag want to do that? Besides they sprout daily that they are the biggest selling paper in Australia. How many more readers do they think they can get? I suspect it is done to hold the line on sales. I heard figures quoted this week that despite the huge increase in population since 1950, they actually sell less papers today than they did back then.
    You can remove all the Collingwood fans from your definition of 'readers' of that rag...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    You can remove all the Collingwood fans from your definition of 'readers' of that rag...
    The Collingwood fans are still using it to wrap their chips

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Briefly off topic Nic, but all newspapers are in that same boat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast