Thread: LRT signs for another 2 years

LRT signs for another 2 years

That's a vote of confidence. Now for the minor problem of where he actually plays.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Not that I am suggesting this at all, but if for example we have a surplus of big defenders and LRT ends up being 4th in line, would he get much at the trade table?

He is just a sweetiepie, and he can play defense (don't forget he nearly took the gong over Chris Judd in 2005 - robbed I say), so that is where he will stay. Tried and tested, good mentor.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Can't see him playing elsewhere, Sydney through and through. Good to have him on board for the next two years.

You can't go into a season without extra players for key positions and the LRT/Richards/Grundy dilemma is just ensuring we have those extra options.

Agree LRT was a huge factor in our 2005 flag and continues to be my first choice for the really big forwards as well as the forward resting ruckman so prevalent nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    That's a vote of confidence. Now for the minor problem of where he actually plays.

He's in kind of an unusual situation, isn't he?

He seems to be someone that no other club would want, but at the same time, we wouldn't want him to go anyway.

Throw in his performance in the 2005 GF, and he's like a sort of club icon.

Good luck to him.

Congratulations to the club on re-signing my favourite Viking. (LRT = Lewie is Really Thor)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veterans List
    Nice to see LRT has signed on for life. I think some critics have been a little harsh on the lad given that a lot of the time since 2005 he has had injury interrupted seasons. When he puts a string of games together he is a pretty handy player. Another to perform well in the defeat of St Kilda in the finals. Lets hope that hammie is a minor one and he gets a run of games and shows his best this season.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Really useful bloke to have around. Would always get an A for effort, courageous, good spoiler and generally a good disposer of the ball despite what some fans think.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I think some critics have been a little harsh on the lad
    That has to be the understatement of the millenia, some of the resident hatesquad have said some horrendous things about him thoughout his career!

I've seen far too many undersized Swans players battling in key defensive positions (often to the detriment of their individual games and career longevitiy). So I wholeheartedly agree with 707 an abundance of KPP's is a wonderfull thing. And while I'm not in favour of playing LRT/AJ/Reg/Ted in the same backline (unless required by matchups) I think LRT's size gives a solidity to the back half.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

He's in kind of an unusual situation, isn't he?

He seems to be someone that no other club would want, but at the same time, we wouldn't want him to go anyway.

Throw in his performance in the 2005 GF, and he's like a sort of club icon.

Good luck to him.
    I can think of about 4 or 5 clubs where'd he comfortably be in the top 2 or 3 defenders, and where he might have made a massive difference.