Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Round 1: Swans v Saints v Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that sumner would have played a great season last year for us, if he didnt have personal issues and have to leave. Sumner had a bucketload of talent and i for one was sad to see him go.
    I used Sumner as an example. There have been many who have shown form in preseason games only to be delisted in the years to come.

Can't say that I would totally agree with Sumner having a "great" year. I have watched the ressies over the years and whilst good he was not a standout. I agree though that without the issues he would have played more first grade last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Forward View Post
    Just a word of warning on Cunningham. I loved what he did last night, but it was just a preseason game. If you remember back to last year Brian Sumner had a really good game in the corresponding game and he is going to play in the SANFL this year. Jett's was good also in the preseason last year and the left it there.
    Judgments on wether a player can win a brownlow are often best made after the serious stuff starts.
    Having said that I can't wait to see Bolton Parker and Kennedy this year
    It's a pretty good inside midfield, very tough with the right mix of youth and experience. I personally think Parker will go on to be a great inside midfielder, drifiting forward to kick the odd goal while resting, and I'm not thinking about last nights game, I'm going on what he did last year. It's good we have some good kids coming up and the midfield stocks look good, we might have to start looking for defenders over the next couple years, just as a precaution. Not that Ted, and Marty are old now, but in 2 years or so......... I thought it was a very credible hit out for the boys in poor footy conditions with the heat and the ridiculous nature of the interchange and sub rules and the basic format of the competition, the side with the break in game time is always going to win the last game
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Harry, well he was a pleasant surprise - on the choo choo train, but he may need a bit of stamina work yet, so doubt we can get too enthusiastic too soon. He is also a rookie.
    He's your special mission this year Primmy. Keep a close eye on him he's a ripper.

Yes I see the Cats lost the last game last night after the Saints had a long rest. Funny about that it seems very hard in hot conditions to win more than one game. best chance is if you play first and last.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He's your special mission this year Primmy. Keep a close eye on him he's a ripper.
    No worries. The ressie watchers are going to have fun this year. Anyone thinking of joining us?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I want a clarification on what Liz was saying about us maybe being able to add Harry to the list. I posted about the nominated Rookies but I still don't quite understand. Can we play 40 players if we nominate either 2 Rookies or 1 Rookie and 1 Veteran or are we still only allowed 38. If we are allowed only 38 then he won't be able to play unless we get a serious injury but if 40 then he could play this year under the Nominated Rookie Rule.

I am trying to view highlights of last nights games does anyone know where I can view them? I have gone to the AFL site (got Cats v Saints but none of ours, typical) and YouTube. Anywhere else I can look?

Lots to like about last night's hitout. Great to see Malceski and Jack showing some form - they're both important players, especially Jack.

Plus our disposal looked a lot better. Our movement by hand was really sharp.

Quote of the week from Longmire:
    "I told Jude he was out for the second game and I thought he was going to start crying.
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 25th February 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I am trying to view highlights of last nights games does anyone know where I can view them? I have gone to the AFL site (got Cats v Saints but none of ours, typical) and YouTube. Anywhere else I can look?
    Check your email.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Lots to like about last night's hitout. Great to see Malceski and Jack showing some form - they're both important players, especially Jack.

Plus our disposal looked a lot better. Our movement by hand was really sharp.

Quote of the week from Longmire:
    Malceski's disposal was the worst. Out on the full, kicked to nowhere, no penetration, gets no height to kicks and lacked purpose.

Yeh I'm cautiously pessimistic about Malceski to be honest. It has taken him time to return to his best after previous injuries and if he were to follow that pattern he would be back to his best this year but I just don't know if it's gonna happen. His kicking did look decidedly nervous and not as penetrative last night.

Chalk it down as another fail for LARS. (Not the drummer, just so we can avoid that tired joke)