Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Round 1: Swans v Saints v Cats

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    Yeh I'm cautiously pessimistic about Malceski to be honest. It has taken him time to return to his best after previous injuries and if he were to follow that pattern he would be back to his best this year but I just don't know if it's gonna happen. His kicking did look decidedly nervous and not as penetrative last night.
    I spoke to Mal at the Swans Family day today, and he mentioned that the ground was 'very hard'. Maybe he was a bit worried about his knees, but he was not the only player to say that the surface was very hard.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that sumner would have played a great season last year for us, if he didnt have personal issues and have to leave. Sumner had a bucketload of talent and i for one was sad to see him go.
    I'm not so sure, I always watch the reserves games and his performances didn't really excite me, and in his 1game for the seniors he looked lost. It's pure speculation but perhaps Jetta may do better this season without a distracted nephew around?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

May be true RnR, but Jetts looks more mature all of a sudden, and it probably helps that his little fella is now one years old, and not a bub (they cry a lot early in the morning, etc etc etc). He just looked more settled and more in charge of his talent. I was quietly impressed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Some of his distraction last year is now understandable. People with young families and by this I mean they have Bairns face great upheaval. Some of you here have experienced this and know first hand. I experienced it while living with my brother and his wife when they had a bairn. If the little tacca is not sleeping nights then nor do the parents. I liked what I saw with Jetts in the Intra and thought he was sharp and his tackling has improved immensely.

I believe we had 4 players who didn't play the first game, but played the second game. That makes 26 players used on the night. We could have used 34 players. Would've thought that we would use as many as possible, considering the heat.

With 38 senior listed players and 3 or 4 rookies, that's up to 16 players we didn't use at all on Friday.

A bit strange. Any explanations????? (other than injury).

--
    Patrick Keane ? @AFL_PKeane
    MRP - Adam Goodes has been offered a one-match ban for rough conduct against Geelong's Taylor Hunt, for sliding in during a tackle.

Patrick Keane ? @AFL_PKeane
    Match Review Panel - Geelong's Josh Hunt has been offered a two-match sanction for rough conduct, for his tackle on Swan Luke Parker.
    --

That was a silly tackle. Studs first should be a bookable offence in any sport. Take the one match.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Meh.

Can serve it out in the NAB Cup.
    Still eligible for the Brownlow.
    Will have less carryover points going into the regular season.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    That was a silly tackle. Studs first should be a bookable offence in any sport. Take the one match.
    When I first saw it I thought it was studs first, but on replay it was more knees than studs. Either way, a silly way to tackle.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Meh.

Can serve it out in the NAB Cup.
    Still eligible for the Brownlow.
    Will have less carryover points going into the regular season.
    Makes sense to rest him next week anyway, given he got a healthy workout on Friday night.

Not sure about whether it is a suspendable offence, though. I take Des' point that maybe it should be, but has anyone in the AFL ever been suspended for something similar before. Players occasionally get pulled up for "kicking in danger" but I don't recall anyone ever being cited for it.

I'm applying the Sheldon Cooper rule to Goodsey's cowboy tackle:

. That's One.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Makes sense to rest him next week anyway, given he got a healthy workout on Friday night.

Not sure about whether it is a suspendable offence, though. I take Des' point that maybe it should be, but has anyone in the AFL ever been suspended for something similar before. Players occasionally get pulled up for "kicking in danger" but I don't recall anyone ever being cited for it.
    I guess maybe because it doesn't happen often in ARF. In soccer it happens all the time because your only option is to go in with a boot to get the ball. In ARF, the first instinct is to pick it up. Still, in this case I think a suspension is warranted - he slid in feet first - and there's too much risk of damage to feet, ankles, shins etc etc. I would hate to see it continue to happen.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog