Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Round 1: Swans v Saints v Cats

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Really looking forward to this. Feels like there's a high-charge buzz about our chances this year (injuries permitting, crosses fingers and toes, wards off the evil eye).
    You heading out to Etihad Mr D?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You heading out to Etihad Mr D?
    Certainly am, along with Mrs D.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

the sad part was that Armstrong actually had a a release of the ITB which is a worry !

same ongoing injury ? as Big Guns who retired last year

im shattered if he is out for long.............Lou Armstrong has the delivery under fire which was exactly what we needed from our HB line
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Knee tendonitis. Won't play in NAB Cup. Longmire says he should be able to play this year but is not a lock.

DTers and Supercoaches take note.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226269134785
    Interesting in that article that it mentions Jetta 'the forward' moving up onto a wing? I would have thought that the wing was where he mostly played? I would be inclined to play him more as a forward as he seems to get lost in all that space. He can kick a goal ( one 50m set shot sticks out in my mind, was it agaisnt Essendon ?) despite his wayward first year, and im really hoping with his potential he finds a permanent role with us. Particularly as he was a 1st round pick.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really liked Morton's press conference.
    I'm a romantic so I love to hear the stories from players about the culture and playing your part, earning your spot, proving yourself on the field. Very impressed with his manner and commitment
    Very looking forward to this game. We're lucky to play Geelong and St Kilda. Shame I'll be away so looking forward to updates and match reports!

Nice arms. that's a plus.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Interesting in that article that it mentions Jetta 'the forward' moving up onto a wing? I would have thought that the wing was where he mostly played? I would be inclined to play him more as a forward as he seems to get lost in all that space. He can kick a goal ( one 50m set shot sticks out in my mind, was it agaisnt Essendon ?) despite his wayward first year, and im really hoping with his potential he finds a permanent role with us. Particularly as he was a 1st round pick.
    I think he's in that batch of players who play midfield and forward, like ROK, Goodes, Jude, McGlynn, Bird.

With his build, Jetta is better off in space than in the clinches. But barring injuries I think he'll be a borderline player this year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Pushing for Selection
    Do we know if the "Swans Friendly" venues will kick in for the NAB cup? Not having the Foxtel in my house and nowhere within walking distance of my house that I think will show it properly (decent size screen, commentary on, etc)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I really liked Morton's press conference.
    It's a very mature, no-nonsense interview, isn't it. For a player who had a bit of a reputation as a "figjam" when he first made it to the AFL level, it sounds like he's grown up a lot. I think the aim of leaving the club a better place when he leaves, regardless of how many games he plays for the club, is a fantastic objective to have - and one that is a club theme, based on the speeches made at many club functions.

I'm looking forward to this game and seeing who grabs full forward.

It has to be out of Morton, Walsh, White, Pyke and Seaby. Surely only ONE of these will play in the same team.

Mitchell! Nooooo!!!

The forward setup will be interesting. I like Morton-Walsh-Rohan-Reid. I'm also curious about how LRT gets used.

Preview:
    NAB Cup: your guide to this weekend
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast