Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do we think of the new Swans ad?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Whilst it wasnt a good add - at least it isnt as annoying as the Collingwood army one - that add made me detest the pies even more!
    I reckon the Collingwood ad is sensational!

They chopped off my head but I'm definitely in there too...was fun being a part of that and meeting Mickey O. I'm loving the ad!
    Act like a lady, Look like a girl, Think like a man, Work like a dog - Motto of the Australian Country Women's Association

... it's like an ad for a dating site skewed at "aussie blokes" ... the bikini girls - bit 1980's... the ad misses the mark

Plays up the social side of going to the football.

I know the old farts here look down of that (people talking to their friends during the game?? OUTRAGE!!) but for a lot of people it's a vital part of going and an integral part of getting new people to come.

They also cunningly play up the fact that Swans crowd it high on the tottie factor, something I always look forward to.
    -

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    To me it's like a Lynx ad or a beer without the tongue in cheek, so actually ends up being old school.

I half expected the Life. Be in it. ad to come on right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I wouldn't mind knowing what brief was given to the advertising agency.
    I'd say a pink floral size 10.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Plays up the social side of going to the football.

I know the old farts here look down of that (people talking to their friends during the game?? OUTRAGE!!) but for a lot of people it's a vital part of going and an integral part of getting new people to come.

They also cunningly play up the fact that Swans crowd it high on the tottie factor, something I always look forward to.
    If you think that was a cunning ad then it seems everyone here has missed the point.

Excuse me whilst I take a charcoal tablet.

I have long been crtitical of the Swans Marketing Department and it would be interesting to know how much money was spent to make that simplistic bit of tripe. However, it doesn't surprise me that they put something like that out. I just laugh at how stupid it is.

First of all, the numbers of general admissions will be significantly restricted. So less seats for the General Public.

Secondly, if members don't turn up then there will be plenty of empty spaces.

If you are a non member, paying around $70 a seat in the Brewongle to have a chat with mates is rather an expensive exercise. Sitting in the GA seats makes that a better proposition but as far as how people choose to watch a game is their choice. Sometimes I don't talk and other times I do. Depends what's happening on the field and who I'm with.

Those seats featured in the ad wouldn't be GA in the Trumper Stand.

I would have thought there are much better places for the "tottie factor".

The Collingwood ad is annoying but really is about supporting the Club.

It will be interesting to see how the Swans will react with their advertising in a few years when GWS start winning regularly and their membership grows significantly.

Next time you go to a Swans game at the SCG, find the person dressed up like a "Secret Service" agent and you will see what someone from the Swans marketing department looks like.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Call me 'old school' but if 'passion' is the message....simple football swan's moments to music...ie Micky O' kicking that late memorable goal against WCE in the final and giving it to the WCE cheer squad (I still have that BIG WCE supporter's stunned open mouth expression tattooed in my memory , Nick 'Come to Savis' Davis' heroics against Geelong......Bobby Skilton & Barry Round and shots of our glorious supporters in tears after the 2005 siren....gary rohan's goal against Geelong...Leo Barry's mark...Goodes & Reid's ariel skills....Gary Jack kicking a football with his sons in swans guernseys in their backyard....... I always love seeing the Swan's brand anywhere but..boy,..the ad could have been a lot better.

Regular in the Side
    I don't really like it but all the AFL membership ads seem to have the same feel but with a different theme/footage ... Maybe they didn't have complete control over it? Either way the Swans are generally pretty good at taking note of fan feedback so hopefully we see an improvement across the season!

The Marketing Department in most Business's are either hero's or zero's. It can be tough to please everybody. Everybody has an opinion on things such as this. I work in Sales and we are constantly at odds with Marketing. They never seem to get it right

Personally I don't think the ad detracts from it's current Customer base. Will any of you cease to be Members at this ad's expense? I doubt it. Sometimes you don't need to cater to the people you already have on board. Does the commercial have a purpose? Not sure, it's probably not communicated as well as it could be. But possibly you need to ask a non Member what they think? The bulk of us being Members we would tend to look at it in a different way. I agree with Alison, the Swans might have been hamstrung a little in terms of their creative input?

Possibly the Swans look at their demographic in terms of Membership and realise they need to start pulling in younger people. To draw (trying too anyway), most Religious Groups struggled to pull in younger people as they saw the average age of their patrons continue to rise. Groups such as Hillsong that have been successful in that arena. I'm not that religious, hoping that analogy made some sense! I would love to know what the average age of the Swans Member is, and possibly even compare this to other Clubs. That would be an interesting stat. I'm sure someone knows??

I think it's OK. Nothing too great but fairly harmless as well. Bang for it's buck? I doubt it but I guess ticket sales and memberships will be the decider of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Possibly the Swans look at their demographic in terms of Membership and realise they need to start pulling in younger people. To draw (trying too anyway), most Religious Groups struggled to pull in younger people as they saw the average age of their patrons continue to rise. Groups such as Hillsong that have been successful in that arena. I'm not that religious, hoping that analogy made some sense! I would love to know what the average age of the Swans Member is, and possibly even compare this to other Clubs. That would be an interesting stat. I'm sure someone knows??

I think it's OK. Nothing too great but fairly harmless as well. Bang for it's buck? I doubt it but I guess ticket sales and memberships will be the decider of that.
    Well Hillsong did it with the rock band, so a rock band with the introduction of the Swannettes for pre-game entertainment. I'm nearly tything 10% of my household income on all of my football memberships. Its actually probably more.

What about: "Sydeny Swans - Join the faith". Although I am partial to a sermon from the Reverand Ian Paisley - the old repent ye fornicators and sinners approach. Although the rest of his teachings were a bit prehistoric.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast