Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do we think of the new Swans ad?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Would go well as a League (Rugby that is) ad. Too much beer and not enough banners. And I agree with Liz and Erica.
    Too much off-field inaction and not enough on-field action.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Misplaced thoughtless garbage.
    Full of irrelevant, mindless, cliches...
    To be kind, would be to call it.....Lazy!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

The shot of Longmire training the boys is good - it goes downhill from there. The song is really misplaced

Pushing for Selection
    I thought it was okay. Not focused at a person that is already a Swans fan but, more designed to get a teenage to early 20's demographic which is what the club needs to focus on to keep memeberships coming in.

Just wild about Harry
    I thought it was very NRL

Senior Player
    I am not the target.

Swans new add.

Opinions>?

I thought it was wet - wanting to boost membership and all its really concentrating on is chatting up a girl in a pub if given the chance.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Whilst it wasnt a good add - at least it isnt as annoying as the Collingwood army one - that add made me detest the pies even more!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Whilst it wasnt a good add - at least it isnt as annoying as the Collingwood army one - that add made me detest the pies even more!
    I just wish the rest of the footy world was given warning of when the Pies next do filming for one of their ads... lots of pies fans together in a group = good opportunity to get rid a decent amount of collingwood scum in one go

I worked in Hospitality and Entertainment for too many years to mention and I have a very technical word for it 'Crap'. It isn't going to convert anyone and if it is aiming for the young teen to thirties it misses the mark. If you want to sell something sell the product! This didn't do that at all. If the spectacular game shots had have been shown to best advantage it would have been better. The stuff around the Tele page three meat was terrible and Sydney 30 years ago. The so called fans were in Corporate Boxes? Stuffed leather or Vynal seats? Never seen them. Again the unnecessary bit of fluff and another chance for the Advertising idiots to again demean women. Why can't a girl be sitting there in the first place barracking like mad like normally happens

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Didn't work for me. I don't think it really captured what's great about our game and this club.

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    I thought it was okay. Not focused at a person that is already a Swans fan but, more designed to get a teenage to early 20's demographic which is what the club needs to focus on to keep memeberships coming in.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I wouldn't mind knowing what brief was given to the advertising agency.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast