Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham - Kelly Clone

I'm very keen to see him play more. Won't get seniors time this year I would think but he looks more than capable of getting there one day. Really looks like a footballer in the sense that he makes the right decisions and has a great, lean body for someone who will be playing as a runner. Has a really efficient kicking style too. Liked the look of him very much.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I was actually going to say he reminds me a bit of Wade Chapman. Compact fast and courageous.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I was actually going to say he reminds me a bit of Wade Chapman. Compact fast and courageous.
    ooohhhhh don't say that. He was always being knocked unconscious, had no muscle definition, and a short career (I loved him anyway).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

15 touches and a goal tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    15 touches and a goal tonight.
    And more over was in the right place to get those touches!

I watched him closely when he was on Boomer - did well!

Rod_

Veterans List
    Could be a real surprise packet. Debut him against GWS who spurned him!

Horse would have to be thinking seriously about elevating him somehow. With Harry, Gary and Mitch running around the forward line its starting to get interesting.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226294122449

Looks like Harry has made a good impression.........

We are pretty good judges of talent (some of the time) aren't we. patting ourselves on the back is in order I think.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226294122449

Looks like Harry has made a good impression.........
    That article is trotting out the line that a LTI has to occur before Cunningham can be elevated to the senior list and quotes an 'insider' saying Alex Brown will be the sacrificial lamb. You must assume that the Swans should know the rules in place. Have we been wrong with the rules or has the AFL done another change to them?

According to my reading of the rules we can elevate him immediately. If we do so before the NAB Cup GF he can play first game. I think this kid is match ready. He does remind me of Kells, the hunched shoulders, the quick take off and sustained pace. Not to mention the kicking at top speed, very accurate. Lot to like here and I think huge potential. Definitely on my first game list v GWS.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    That article is trotting out the line that a LTI has to occur before Cunningham can be elevated to the senior list and quotes an 'insider' saying Alex Brown will be the sacrificial lamb. You must assume that the Swans should know the rules in place. Have we been wrong with the rules or has the AFL done another change to them?
    There are definitely teams this year with designated outside veterans and hence larger primary lists. I know there has been talk of standardising the list size and hence getting rid of the outside veteran / nominated rookie designations but I don't think these have come into play yet.

The only thing I can think of is that there are salary cap restrictions. Once you nominate a rookie to play senior footy part of their salary comes into the cap. If the Swans are right on their cap for 2012 (which would surprise me, but isn't beyond the realm of possibilities) they may not have the option of nominating any rookies to play senior footy unless someone is on the LTI (whereby I think an injury cap allowance comes into play).

The Swans haven't been in the habit of using the nominated rookie option. I think the last player to be so designated was Paul Bevan, back in 2003 or 2004.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast