Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham - Kelly Clone

He is the ideal player to have as a sub. Quick legs and can kick a goal, at a pinch can play in the midfield if you have an injury early

I think he is a chance to get the sub gig. I am still hoping we can use the two sub rule in the regular season
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Your pro the 2 and 2 rule?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I am still hoping we can use the two sub rule in the regular season
    I really hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Your pro the 2 and 2 rule?
    Why would you want two subs Reggi? There is still the one sub rule and he would fit. I hope the amoebas in at AFL Headquarters don't go for the Two Sub Rule, I already hate the One Sub Rule and so do about 90% of all footy supporters. The polls in all the major papers are very anti even the One Sub Rule.

how was his video on the swans site !!!

ha.....yeah its just like playing normal footy - ha !

the kid is confident

the kid is a goer

the kid reads the game well in attack and is effective !

he is ready I feel to be in the 22 - massive call I know but just like Parker you know that they are top 22 players for a long time !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    how was his video on the swans site !!!

ha.....yeah its just like playing normal footy - ha !

the kid is confident

the kid is a goer

the kid reads the game well in attack and is effective !

he is ready I feel to be in the 22 - massive call I know but just like Parker you know that they are top 22 players for a long time !
    I agree Aunty Gerald this one is a natural but a natural with some excellent training by the great man himself, Paul Kelly. He is confident, steady or cool in a crisis, a great kick, confident, good tackle, fast and dedicated. What more could you want and yes he is another like Lukie Parker that are going to be around a long time. By the way any money on Parker for a Brownlow within five years?

Do you reckon guys like Nipper go into their shell a little when they see kids like Richie come along or do you think it spurs them on to train harder? Richie already looks like he's jumped ahead of Nipper.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree Aunty Gerald this one is a natural but a natural with some excellent training by the great man himself, Paul Kelly. He is confident, steady or cool in a crisis, a great kick, confident, good tackle, fast and dedicated. What more could you want and yes he is another like Lukie Parker that are going to be around a long time. By the way any money on Parker for a Brownlow within five years?
    I am already on it.

One thing re Harry that HAS to be taken into consideration is that he is 18. He will not have the stamina for running out a full senior AFL game at this stage, even Luke didn't (he thought he did, but...) nor Gary, nor most of the other really young ones. Sam slowed down by the end of the season and that was after a year in the ressies. AJ too. You just can't throw the kids in and expect instant coffee! It will take time.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what the trainers and coaches do. Its not like he Can't play, its now just for how much ground time, and what they want from him at this stage; its not like if he isn't played in the first five games he's going to pack his bags and go somewhere else.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

A bit of a jet our little Harry is. I think he is incredibly endearing and no doubt if he keeps up his performance he will become another cult hero. Hopefully he is elevated and we get to see him make his debut some time during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would you want two subs Reggi? There is still the one sub rule and he would fit. I hope the amoebas in at AFL Headquarters don't go for the Two Sub Rule, I already hate the One Sub Rule and so do about 90% of all footy supporters. The polls in all the major papers are very anti even the One Sub Rule.
    Because footy has become boring. I have the stats at work, as best I can tell watching gamess on TV has declined 17% between the mid noughties and now.

Why because games are one sided. There is no contest with top players who are on and

Bring it back to two interchange and sub off injured players. Take it back to a contest between top players it's getting noring
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Because footy has become boring. I have the stats at work, as best I can tell watching gamess on TV has declined 17% between the mid noughties and now.

Why because games are one sided. There is no contest with top players who are on and

Bring it back to two interchange and sub off injured players. Take it back to a contest between top players it's getting noring
    Reggi I don't think it is boring. But it could be better. I have stated till I am blue in the face the scrums are slowing the game down. This crap that players get the ball out at all costs is just creating a Rugby ruck situation where the ball gets moved on but there is still a group of players around the ball. Eventually it comes out or gets balled up. I believe that the best way is to whistle play up as soon as a pack develops and throw the ball up quickly not allowing players to get set for a set play. This would free players up to clear the ball from the area.

The Interchange in not making the game more boring, in fact it has made it faster. That is what the AFL are trying to stop Reggi. They are trying to slow the game down by restricting the interchange.

Just wild about Harry
    I've always thought we should investigate the Rugby rule of third man not leaving his feet. In a footy situation, this would mean that if two players are on the ground contesting the footy, then no other players are allowed to slide/jump in as well but must keep their feet so that the ball can escape. I know that it would be difficult to police and players would then push others over, etc. but I think it has some value.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast