Thread: No joshing, Kennedy aims high

Blog Entries

Thumbs up No joshing, Kennedy aims high

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...6/default.aspx

SYDNEY Swans midfielder Josh Kennedy will step out for his first NAB Cup match on Saturday night as he starts his journey towards trying to match, or even surpass, his outstanding 2011 campaign.

Kennedy was sensational last season, playing all 24 games and leading the League in both clearances and average contested possessions

You have been aching to use that thread headline haven't you Scott.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You have been aching to use that thread headline haven't you Scott.
    But it aint mine.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he improves on his 2011 season he'll make the All Australian team.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    What a player. Be good if he could reverse his conversion rate and kick 19.10.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He could really be one of the Elite players in the comp if he improves a few little things like goal kicking, providing a little more link up, hitting up targets consistently. There are definitely some parallels with him and Jobe Watson. Both are big, inside monsters who are contested possesion and clearance kings. Jobe was able to take the next step up by dramatically improving his ball use, I'm pretty confident that Joey can too.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He could really be one of the Elite players in the comp if he improves a few little things like goal kicking, providing a little more link up, hitting up targets consistently. There are definitely some parallels with him and Jobe Watson. Both are big, inside monsters who are contested possesion and clearance kings. Jobe was able to take the next step up by dramatically improving his ball use, I'm pretty confident that Joey can too.
    I'm sure my eyes are clouded by my crippling and pathological hatred of the Bombers but I would pick JPK over Watson every day of the week.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Quote Originally Posted by dread and might View Post
    I'm sure my eyes are clouded by my crippling and pathological hatred of the Bombers but I would pick JPK over Watson every day of the week.
    I suffer from the same disease...should we start a support group
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

The point is that Jobe is currently the better player, probably one of the AFL elite. I think and hope Josh gets there as He has similar strengths, but also similar shortcomings. Watson was able to improve his dramatically, hopefully JPK can too.