Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: NAB Cup Round 3 - Swans v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Thanks for explaining the similarities, although I still think the differences are more significant. Interestingly, you had me doubting myself about Gowers' position so I reached for Holmesby&Main to check and it suggests he started AFL life as a winger, developed into a KPP, then reverted to the wing when his body became injury prone at the end of his career.
    Paul Roos once remarked that Rohan had developed remarkably since arriving and that he thought he might become a KPP ~ so who knows what this remarkable talent might become in the end.
    Just for now however I hope he spends some time down in our forward line, without he and Sam it looks pretty impotent atm.
    Andy was a junior CHF and FF and then moved to the wing in the seniors at the Hawks. He played a few reserves games in key posies but not a lot in the seniors.A few games when other players were injured mainly. My brother was the Entertainment Director at the Hawks so I got used to seeing a lot of Hawks games. You are right in that Rohan is not the same sort of player and much faster but the similarity in the build and height and marking ability. But I don't see Rohan in a key posie as I didn't think Andy's game suited CHF.

Just wild about Harry
    Just for fun, I would like to see Rohan spend some time at FF. Clear the forward line and leave him one out against the FB. He would use his pace and marking well and we could simply bomb it in like ROK does anyway. Could be interesting.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Just for fun, I would like to see Rohan spend some time at FF. Clear the forward line and leave him one out against the FB. He would use his pace and marking well and we could simply bomb it in like ROK does anyway. Could be interesting.
    If we could clear the forward line and leave anyone one on one we would kick a lot of goals.Unfortunately that is no longer possible in modern footy.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415