Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Round 3 - Swans v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Cunningham is a rookie is he not? Who do we have on the long term injured list that would allow him to play?
    Someone belt someone! Quick!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Cunningham is a rookie is he not? Who do we have on the long term injured list that would allow him to play?
    We don't need anyone because our senior list is just 38.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Here's the squad of 29. Goodes and Shaw to return. Reid is named but not yet certain to play. Hannebery still out.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...9/default.aspx
    Add Hanners/take out Cunningham and that's a decent chunk of players to be fighting it out for spots.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Add Hanners/take out Cunningham and that's a decent chunk of players to be fighting it out for spots.
    The problem with young Harry is that noone has told him he is a rookie, he should be a bit behind the rest of them, not up with the front runners! This kid is going to be fun to watch as he develops.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The problem with young Harry is that noone has told him he is a rookie, he should be a bit behind the rest of them, not up with the front runners! This kid is going to be fun to watch as he develops.

Although what I'm taking from liz's comment is that her possibly can play anyway?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

It will be good to see how Jarred Moore plays and how fast. This is going to be a tough year for him, particularly as there are a few players with eyes on his spot in the team and they are quick, skilled and able to kick long. Moore is tough as nails and works hard. But the game requires speed. He was off the pace last year and with injuries he fell back. I am pretty sure he is off or near off contract at year-end. By reports, he worked hard on his speed over the pre-season but the quality and pace of the Swans right now is demonstrably higher than ever before and I fear that unless he improves on his quick, he will be joining Everitt, Seaby and possibly LRT (sorry everyone) in the departure lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Someone belt someone! Quick!!!
    I will!!!
    Jesse, here I come.............

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I will!!!
    Jesse, here I come.............
    Wait for me...... I wanna help too.......

Goes up to 11
    So Harry seems to be the only young 'un that could surprise by making the Round 1 squad. Will be interesting to see how he fares Friday but he would still have to be considered an outsider considering our depth. I guess if he puts in a good performance he'll give himself every chance. I thought Lockyer could be a smoky for round 1 but perhaps not - and Mitchell would have possibly been in the frame except for injury. Two things that work in Harry's favour for round 1 would be that its against GWS, and he also seems to be a decent fit for the sub spot. I'll watch his performance with interest on Friday night. Thank goodness for Fox...

Also interested to gauge the performances of Seaby, Morton, Everitt, Walsh, White, Pyke, Moore and Nipper, as the other 20 in Friday's squad should all conceivably play round 1, so if Hanners makes it back, that would leave just 1 spot to fill. I'm not considering team balance vs GWS because, frankly, I don't think it will really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    It will be good to see how Jarred Moore plays and how fast. This is going to be a tough year for him, particularly as there are a few players with eyes on his spot in the team and they are quick, skilled and able to kick long. Moore is tough as nails and works hard. But the game requires speed. He was off the pace last year and with injuries he fell back. I am pretty sure he is off or near off contract at year-end. By reports, he worked hard on his speed over the pre-season but the quality and pace of the Swans right now is demonstrably higher than ever before and I fear that unless he improves on his quick, he will be joining Everitt, Seaby and possibly LRT (sorry everyone) in the departure lounge.
    I believe LRT just signed a two-year contract. But agree it's a big year for Moore, though even after all that bodywork he still looks more like a bulldog than a greyhound. I assume he's competing with Parker, Jetta, Bird and Harry C for a small forward/midfielder position. Judging by their comments, both Roos and Longmire rate him, plus he's in the leadership group, so his teammates have a good opinion of him.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

Although what I'm taking from liz's comment is that her possibly can play anyway?
    He can definitely play. I looked up the rules the other day and he can be elevated as long as it is done before the NAB Cup GF.

Harry's start has been nothing short of sensational. I rated young Biggs in the Intra but he didn't seem to be able to stand up to the real game pressure. Lockyer is a bit short on too and needs a few games in the Two's yet. But Harry is a revelation and I can see why people were comparing him to Paul Kelly. It is that hunch the shoulders and take off like the clappers look.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast