Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Round 3 - Swans v Essendon

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I will!!!
    Jesse, here I come.............
    You beast!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Leave poor Jesse alone nobody needs to hit anyone over the head with a spanner to get Harry in. He can already come in.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    It will be good to see how Jarred Moore plays and how fast. This is going to be a tough year for him, particularly as there are a few players with eyes on his spot in the team and they are quick, skilled and able to kick long. Moore is tough as nails and works hard. But the game requires speed. He was off the pace last year and with injuries he fell back. I am pretty sure he is off or near off contract at year-end. By reports, he worked hard on his speed over the pre-season but the quality and pace of the Swans right now is demonstrably higher than ever before and I fear that unless he improves on his quick, he will be joining Everitt, Seaby and possibly LRT (sorry everyone) in the departure lounge.
    Jarrad is unlucky to have been born into the wrong era of football. He would have been a sensation 20 years ago and potentially captain of the side. Unfortunately today someone his size needs blistering pace and the opposition tackling is too good to break unless you are a Chris Judd. He will be a fantastic Captain Coach of a good lower standard side where his lack of pace won't matter.He will probably play and be well paid till he is 40 + too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Jarrad is unlucky to have been born into the wrong era of football. He would have been a sensation 20 years ago and potentially captain of the side. Unfortunately today someone his size needs blistering pace and the opposition tackling is too good to break unless you are a Chris Judd. He will be a fantastic Captain Coach of a good lower standard side where his lack of pace won't matter.He will probably play and be well paid till he is 40 + too!
    Yeah,I agree with this and would add....I get the feeling he has a future in coaching. Given the Swans hierarchy seem to hold him in high regard.
    An assistant /developement coaching role at the Swans seems highly feasible.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

What he said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Let's wait and see what 2012 holds for Jarrod before we consign him to the coaching ranks. He's here pretty much for depth at the moment but if he has worked on his pace and fitness base, we wouldn't need too many guys to go down (Hanners and ROK already have, remember) for him to be a perfectly suitable option up forward with a bit of a run thru midfield thrown in. I still hold out some hope for him in our team, especially providing that structure up forward that was much needed plenty of times in 2011...

Is Lamb injured or something?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Is Lamb injured or something?
    I think he had a niggle for a couple of weeks through late jan into mid feb...trained on wednesday. He'll be challenging for a spot very early in the season once he's 100%.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I think he had a niggle for a couple of weeks through late jan into mid feb...trained on wednesday. He'll be challenging for a spot very early in the season once he's 100%.
    He and TDL seem to be consigned to running. Looking forward to seeing Jed soon.

Jed will be fine. The kid will make an impact in 2012, even if it's just a handful of games.

Big things on the AFL Official site about Judd and Podsiadly coming back but no Goodes or Reid! So Pies and Adelaide squads also not there.
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...m_medium=email

This article is the same that was in the Herald Sun yesterday and no mention of the players coming back for the Friday Night matches. The SMH/Age had an article about Goodes and Reid coming back but not the other rag or the Official AFL Website. By the way have they got a deal with the Herald Sun because there seem to be a lot of articles from the HS appearing on the AFL Website? Or are the HS so lazy they are just lifting stuff from the AFL and club websites?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Big things on the AFL Official site about Judd and Podsiadly coming back but no Goodes or Reid!
    Judd and Podsiadly will be playing their first games for the year, so it is noteworthy. Goodes (suspension) and Reid (minor injury) only missed last week, after playing in round 1 of the NAB Cup, so it isn't particularly newsworthy that they are now back.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast