Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who on earth will tag Gary Rohan ?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Earn me some big Dream Team points as my mid-priced smoky forward!!!! C'mon!!!
    I've got him in my mine but am worried they'll play him too often as a sub! Hope he gets serious game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I've got him in my mine but am worried they'll play him too often as a sub! Hope he gets serious game time.
    Me too I don't think they are going to play him as a sub I think they want him to develop as a HFF. I prefer him on a wing sprinting down the ground leaving everyone in his wake kicking long goals.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    As far as tagging him that would only be done in the Mids but I don't think he is going to be as dangerous on the HHF. Leading at the ball and running away from the pack are too very different things. He will need a tag if on the ball simply because he so quick and that is the other side's concern not ours.
    The conundrum with this guy is where do you play him? His tackling and pace to burn off packs makes you think HBF would be ideal. Then again his pace and aggression at the footy would suggest more of a midfield/ on ball type role would be equally ideal. Then you look at his ability to jump on someones head and take a screamer, or kick an impossible goal, or chase down and tackle an opposition defender trying to escape our forward line ( like a Cheetah tackling an Impala) , that you think forward is the spot for him. I think at some stage or another through his career he will play all of these positions and play them very well. But i think at the moment, he is probably most needed in what i feel is our weakest part of the ground, the forward line ( with sporadic bursts through the middle)

Rohan has the height of an Andy Gowers and the pace of a Keith Greig. Gowers was no slouch on pace either for a 6'4" winger. Both were tall for the wing and took sensational marks in the contest. We need someone who can take the big mark on the wings and take off tearing the opposition apart. Gary could fill this role for us and alleviate the pressure on the talls like Mummy, Pykie, Reg and Teddy out of the back half. We would be getting another marking option who after taking a mark could take off and tear their zone defence to pieces.

By the way both Gowers and Greig kicked a lot of goals for wingers. David Rhyce-Jones also started out on the wing and was pretty good too.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    The conundrum with this guy is where do you play him? His tackling and pace to burn off packs makes you think HBF would be ideal. Then again his pace and aggression at the footy would suggest more of a midfield/ on ball type role would be equally ideal. Then you look at his ability to jump on someones head and take a screamer, or kick an impossible goal, or chase down and tackle an opposition defender trying to escape our forward line ( like a Cheetah tackling an Impala) , that you think forward is the spot for him. I think at some stage or another through his career he will play all of these positions and play them very well. But i think at the moment, he is probably most needed in what i feel is our weakest part of the ground, the forward line ( with sporadic bursts through the middle)
    Perhaps he is the heir apparent to the Goodes role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Perhaps he is the heir apparent to the Goodes role.
    Perhaps Nico but what I am getting at is a 6'3 to 4" who can break the game apart and play all day on a wing and be in almost all the play other than rests on the bench, WOW!. This is a guy who can kick great running goals and add him to Jetts on the other side kicking 70m goals and running away as well. The opposition have to find two sprinters to keep up with these blokes. You add young Harry and some of the other young blokes and the opposition have definite problems with matching up on our pace. Who would have believed this would be the case 3 years ago.

I can't wait to see Parker handing one of his lightning handballs to this bloke in full flight. 3 second goal anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12