Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Well, that's a read that will put R&Wers in a good mood. Someone knows who the Swans are!!!! without sucking yup.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Really really good article. I wish the ABC could broadcast our games every week. No ads and no inane commentary, heaven.

We've got great praise this week, no doubt, but Brian Taylor continues his quality football analyisis. This gem just now: 'Ted Richards is a plodder.' Absolutely BT, the guy who would be the current CHB in the All-Australian team is a plodder.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Really really good article. I wish the ABC could broadcast our games every week. No ads and no inane commentary, heaven.
    and no spud calling footy games..... I thought I was going to implode during the Hawks game on the weekend. Here's to ABC covering the AFL, can't see auntie finding $1B plus sadly :-(

Just on Spud tho..... take him any day over Mathew Campbell
    Last edited by Dogzbody; 30th April 2012 at 08:38 PM.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    We've got great praise this week, no doubt, but Brian Taylor continues his quality football analyisis. This gem just now: 'Ted Richards is a plodder.' Absolutely BT, the guy who would be the current CHB in the All-Australian team is a plodder.
    Troll. Has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    He's right, Ted Richards was a plodder...............3 years ago. What a joke, has he watched a swans game this year ?

Couldnt help myself watching fc..dross.

So now cause collingwood and hawthorn are out of the 8 its because of the "unfair draw" BUT when these clubs had favourable draws for the past years we didnt hear a whimper.

arrgh.

Wow!!!....just....WOW!!!!

We are the talk of the town down here now!. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I want us to still be under the radar. I want them to think that we have nothing but "good, honest battlers" and nothing else.

I dont like this talk about how great our list has become....(after a half of football against the Hawks)

It's been building up, had to happen after 5 wins and taking out the Hawks. One loss and we'll be back on the heap (according to them)
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    It's been building up, had to happen after 5 wins and taking out the Hawks. One loss and we'll be back on the heap (according to them)
    On the surface the wins we've had weren't spectacular (apart from a Hawthorn half), but last year we lost to Freo and won against North by 1. In my mind, (unless Freo improves substantially) we are clearly better than both sides. Remember this is while Jude and ROK play cameo roles in our midfield. Add the fact we've improved our efficiency, our goal kicking and are averaging over 100 pts per game this year, I'd say there are obvious indications that we have improved.

The fact remains that the teams expected to romp ahead: Carlton, Coll, Gee, Hawthorn don't seem quite as impressive as last year.

We've improved, they have potentially declined. That's a narrowing gap that shouldn't be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Wow!!!....just....WOW!!!!

We are the talk of the town down here now!. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I want us to still be under the radar. I want them to think that we have nothing but "good, honest battlers" and nothing else.

I dont like this talk about how great our list has become....(after a half of football against the Hawks)

I agree it is a problem. One that could upset the space-time continuum. I always enjoy it when we are written off time after time only to surprise everyone with a 'shock' win. I have gotten used to being the 'under-valued' or 'forgotten' team that will be 'lucky to make the eight.' Our play is always labeled ugly, our team are battlers who the coach gets the best out of and who only win when the opposition had a bad day.

On the AFL website today the Swans style of play has been described as 'great to watch' and 'electrifying.' I almost fell off my chair but I do agree with DLBIA14 and GongSwan that we all expected our run of wins up to the Hawthorn game and that after our first loss of the season things will return to normal. For now I am enjoying the extra coverage and Swans talk on the footy shows, in the paper and on the radio. Even if half the talk is about how bad Hawthorn were as opposed to how Sydney played. Gerard Whately was right last night when he said that part of the reason why people are so shocked with Sydney's win over Hawthorn is that Sydney have been under-rated for so long that when they beat a big team it seems worse than if it was from one of the big Melbourne teams.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast