Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Maybe in a funny/perverse way it shows the strength of aboriginal representation in AFL, where anyone with dark skin is assumed to be aboriginal. Perhaps people still think Chocko Williams (I don't really like the nickname), David Rodan, Harry O'Brien et al are aboriginal too. Diversity is alive and well in the AFL....
    It was thought by many that Greg Williams was indigenous to some degree, but from memory he had some Asian influence. Am I on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It was thought by many that Greg Williams was indigenous to some degree, but from memory he had some Asian influence. Am I on the money.
    It's an interesting question.....

I notice the usual over rating of Lenny Hayes article has come out. Gerard Healy has pumped his tyres so much one of the truly over rated players.

Really do you ever turn up think "that Lenny Hayes will kill us"

And Michael Crowley do some research before you write an article

Premier ships

Fosdike 1
    J Bolton 1
    Hayes 0

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Well good for Cuz!! May he prosper!
    Agreed I thought he was ok. I would have liked us to keep him even on the rookie list.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Ahhhhh, but they never said *where* they were indigenous to, did they? Huh? Huh? What have you got against Burmese people anyway? Huh?

LOL! Crazy thing is he looks no more aboriginal than I do, and if I were any whiter I'd be transparent.
    I have Indigenous friends who don't look Indigenous. As a matter of fact one looks Afghanie another Indian and another, well he looks Caucasian. Looks can deceive!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I notice the usual over rating of Lenny Hayes article has come out. Gerard Healy has pumped his tyres so much one of the truly over rated players.

Really do you ever turn up think "that Lenny Hayes will kill us"

And Michael Crowley do some research before you write an article

Premier ships

Fosdike 1
    J Bolton 1
    Hayes 0
    What's the issue with Lenny? He's a fantastic player who balances a load of grunt work with some great touch. He's a Sydney boy too, so whilst I'm sad we missed him, it's good to see he's had such an illustrious career. It's also great to see him return so well from his knee injury. Good luck to him...

Imagine if we could have had Lenny and Kirk in the same side, where is this article, I'd like to read it, probably more about the way he has come back from the reco, if it says he's harder at the ball than Jude or more skilful or faster than fossie, there will be a problem
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

After 249 games, time to reflect on twist of fate that took Sydneysider Hayes to Saints

Found it. Our premiership in 1996?????? Fossie was no star????? well was to me. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, who was to know Fitzy would break down, still, you would have thought they'd take the Sydney boy just for the exposure if he was top ten quality, which it seems he was
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Yeah i had to do a double look on my ipad this morning reading that article. Cool so we won the 1996 flag and Fossie was a star that day.

I like it when the stupid idiots down here re-write history that favours us.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    What's the issue with Lenny? He's a fantastic player who balances a load of grunt work with some great touch. He's a Sydney boy too, so whilst I'm sad we missed him, it's good to see he's had such an illustrious career. It's also great to see him return so well from his knee injury. Good luck to him...
    +1
    Actually I don't think "sad" covers it for me, and hindsight bedamned. I thought the way the Swans completely and utterly ignored the entire 98 Rams side was terrible then.
    It made the Swans look distinctlly uncomitted to football development in NSW.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    +1
    Actually I don't think "sad" covers it for me, and hindsight bedamned. I thought the way the Swans completely and utterly ignored the entire 98 Rams side was terrible then.
    It made the Swans look distinctlly uncomitted to football development in NSW.
    Agreed , to write an article that says that the selection committee werent going to be swung by bias to NSW players is actually very dissapointing, they should have been biased if all four players were considered to be in the same talent range (ie top twenty picks). While I love both Bolton and Fosdike we would have been served no less by Hayes and McVeigh and it would have showed some sort of committment to growing home state talent. Maybe the recruiters were hoping that there would be a "go home" factor with these guys as they had previously seen with the likes of Rocca, Grant , gasper and co.

At the end of the day Fossie and Jude both have a premiership medal and Lenny doesn't. So FAIL article.

Celebrate his career not play sliding doors.