Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Poor little didums - having to wait another 5 days till footy in melbourne. GET OVER IT!!!! Absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Professional aussie rules hasn't been soley Victorian for 30 years
    If you are going to have a rant about Victorians its probably a good idea to learn to spell properly or we will give you the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    If you are going to have a rant about Victorians its probably a good idea to learn to spell properly or we will give you the boot.
    You forgot the apostrophe in it's.
    RED RAG

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Are we really so surprised? Most Melbournians have their heads shoved so far up their arse that they think the world revolves around them. Professional aussie rules hasn't been soley Victorian for 30 years but how many times do you hear us and the teams in SA/WA/QLD being referred to as the interstate teams. It's non-Victorian you wankers.

If the Grand final ever does get moved from the MCG you'd expect a riot. Whether you like them or not at least the NRL is willing to share its showpiece event.
    Wow what a revelation. All my life I was lead to believe that Sydney was the centre of the universe.

I thought this forum was to discuss about the Swans and the game, but all it is about now is putting each other down, having an Us vs Them mentality about everything from NSW v VIC, SYD V GWS, SCG V ANZ, hardcore v non-hardcore.. So over it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Yang View Post
    I thought this forum was to discuss about the Swans and the game, but all it is about now is putting each other down, having an Us vs Them mentality about everything from NSW v VIC, SYD V GWS, SCG V ANZ, hardcore v non-hardcore.. So over it.
    Fair point Damien.
    It's just we all get a bit frustrated by the media's Melbourne Centric views.

Let's move on to Round 2 then!!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    How crap is it that there is no footy in Sydney this weekend when they get to play everywhere else in the country?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    How crap is it that there is no footy in Sydney this weekend when they get to play everywhere else in the country?
    Yeah , i thought the whole idea of having GWS was that there would be a game in sydney every week. Looks like the AFL have already failed that little promise!!

Well i picked up yestersday herald dumb whilst waiting in line at coles to have a quick look at the sport..ok there were articles about the game..but the back page had a pic and the main leading story was about some VFL player. I just checked it back in the stand and nodded my head.

With the articles posted in this htread and comments given..i don't get it..we want the code to expand and grow down here BUT at the same time we don't want it to leave Victoria at all.
    Go figure.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Spot the error, not as bad as calling Bird 'Smith' for both his goals but nonetheless for a professional media outlet it's pretty poor.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226309206188

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Spot the error, not as bad as calling Bird 'Smith' for both his goals but nonetheless for a professional media outlet it's pretty poor.

They all look the same those blonde swans players.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Love the caption which says the giants went down fighting..playing 18 men behind the ball for nearly 2 quarters is not going down fighting..it's called being scared of a massive blow out.

Last time i checked 61 points was a thrashing..I think GWS has to be the first side in history that was flogged but played awesome footy all 4 qrts.

They got flogged, will get flogged again and again this season. Maybe their "engineered for success list" will win a flag or two in 5 years but please enough of the gushing.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast