Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

How bad was channel 7's commentary team? I hate that idiot who did the play by play. And who decided Richo was smart enough to sit upstairs? Big mistake. Makes Luke Darcy sound like an intellectual.
    Man, Brett Kirk got the short straw - sucking up to people's parents. He is not a natural in front of the camera at all.

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    At last, the 'fibro Westies' get to take on the 'silvertail Swans'

THE AFL likes to write its own history. The making of the GWS Giants is a remarkable story. But no matter how historic their debut in the AFL is tonight, it is not the first Australian football team to be called West Sydney.

Just wild about Harry
    I think a bit of impact of the 'fibro' vs 'silvertails' was diluted when they kept showing the resort at Breakfast Point during the telecast last Saturday. Maybe they should have taken footage of Phil Davis stealing hubcaps in Lethbridge Park or something to really get that side of it going.

Veterans List
    Just on the poor commentary from Saturday. A chap rang up SEN yesterday (non Swan) and really gave Taylor and his mates a bagging for not knowing the players. He said this typical Taylor who calls the play happening but shies away from naming players on a lot of occasions. Harford and his offsider forgave Taylor because GWS was having it's first game. I don't think they missed GWS players, only ours. Typical sticking up for their media mates. Don't get me started on Darcy. Dumb footballer, dumb commentator who clearly has photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I think a bit of impact of the 'fibro' vs 'silvertails' was diluted when they kept showing the resort at Breakfast Point during the telecast last Saturday. Maybe they should have taken footage of Phil Davis stealing hubcaps in Lethbridge Park or something to really get that side of it going.
    The fact that all but Izzy live in Breakfast Point really does not sit well with me. The attitude is very 'Sure I'll play for Greater Westerns Sydney but actually live living there among the rest of the GWS population? No thank you'.
    -

CJK, he lives with his family, just down the road.....honestly does that actually matter>? Izzy can live with his family down the road a bit if he wants too, why would he be paying bucks to live a just mile or so away.....no sense economically in that no matter what your pay is.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I think CJK was commenting on the choice of living location of the rest of the GWS team - not that of Izzy.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    CJK, he lives with his family, just down the road.....honestly does that actually matter>? Izzy can live with his family down the road a bit if he wants too, why would he be paying bucks to live a just mile or so away.....no sense economically in that no matter what your pay is.
    Oh that reminds me of another reason to dislike Izzy - he's originally from Minto, which means that he is a good fit for GWS. However somehow he magically became a Queenslander when playing State of Origin - I despised both Izzy and Inglis for turning their backs on NSW. Now I know the vaguaries of the rules in NRL mean guys like them could qualify as Queenslanders, however I will neever forgive them for that. I wish him well in his AFL career but I won't forget that he turned his back on his roots until he was made a deal that he just couldn't refuse....

Back on track, I have now lost count of the number of mentions that two of our Swans youngsters, 'Ben' Reid and 'Leroy' Jetta, have already gotten on Fox Footy...

Jono, I hated that Izzy and Inglis played for QLD but it's my understanding the rules didn't allow for anything else. Hard to blame the players choice when the choice was playing SOO for QLD or not playing at all.

Also can you explain your crack about Minto?? Just another Western Suburbs stereotype I'm guessing but happy to have misunderstood your intent.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

This should be an interesting back pedal....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Not just the Melbourne media what about the old NSW AFL president calling us the silvertails and the Giants the fibros. FMD cause we're the club that got everything handed to us on a gold platter not the one who had to fight for our very existence.

What about that article about Breakfast point. Which idiot bought the idea that place was Western Sydney? 99% of the residents there would howl you down if you suggested the though.
    Yes I would think they would be ropable to be called the West of Sydney, right next to Cabrita, just down the road from me. We are Inner West thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes I would think they would be ropable to be called the West of Sydney, right next to Cabrita, just down the road from me. We are Inner West thank you!
    Ropable eh?? I guess I can understand that, if my suburb was classified as Inner West I'd just to have top myself i'd reckon.

Seriously, of all the issues in the world, getting worried about where your suburb is classified is about 1,268th on the list.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast