Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Blog Entries
    Actually, he's out ill isn't he.thought he had a virus.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

The way he said it, it was like he was saying Nick Smith had been dropped due to poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Brining this thread back to the front page.

Stupid Scott Cummings on AFL Game Plan on Foxtel covering our game.....

"The outs for the swans are LRT out injured, Seaby makes way for Mummy and Smith has been omitted...." WTF?!!?!?!?!?! OMITTED?????? HE'S @@@@ING INJURED/ILL YOU MORON!!!!!!

A Nick Smith, if you ever did ANY research, NEVER gets omitted!!!!!!
    I agree. Omitted always refers to someone being left out of the team for a reason other than injury. Illness = injury. By saying Smith has been omitted in the same sentence where he says LRT is out injured definitely implies Smith has been dropped, which is clearly wrong.

The most basic of checking - e.g. a couple of clicks on the Swans official website - would have clarified it.

Scott Cummings, if you expect to be a professional sports journalist (i.e. you get paid for the quality of your info), you need to put in the work to check your facts. You owe an apology.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

I've seen a few of these melbourne based shows, clearly they are not professional journo's, they spend more time laughing at each other and taking the piss than they do on serious footy issues, unless it's a scandal of some description. Seriously, do we expect they will ever change their opinion of us down there. Whay are we always the last game discussed on the AFL Footy Show, with nothing more than a perfunctory glance? I'm really missing the podcast of On the couch ( I can't afford pay tv)
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Why are so many people paranoid about what the press think about us?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Its all about respect. They get the facts about other teams right, so why on earth do the Swans (and probably other interstate teams) get relegated to inadequate, incorrect, dismissive and disinterested information.

We work just as hard as the other teams do. As I said, its all about due respect and not disrespect.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

...and according to both Sunday morning football shows this morning down here, Adam Goodes HAS TO GO for at least 1 maybe 2 weeks for his incident with the Port player who's name escapes me........sheeesh, it never ends.

What about MM saying our gameplan hasn't changed? LOL we played a one on one game with short, patient passing. Now we play zone with long direct kicks. Hawthorn play more like old Sydney than we do.

At least he conceded he thinks we'll make the eight now. Onya Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    At least he conceded he thinks we'll make the eight now. Onya Mick
    I thought Malthouse's assessment of us was ok. We're a lock for the eight, but we need to beat more of the top teams to make the four. Last year we were two from eight (or thereabouts) against Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast and Carlton. When we've won half our games against these teams I'll be convinced.

I thought his comment was more about our style than our game-plan ie. very hard contested footy and good around the stoppages. The game plan has changed completely, but there are certain invariables about Sydney and that's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I thought his comment was more about our style than our game-plan ie. very hard contested footy and good around the stoppages. The game plan has changed completely, but there are certain invariables about Sydney and that's one of them.
    Yes. Mick has always said we play "Finals type Footy" every week. Why would you play any other way?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Because being a passionate swans supporter in Melbourne, where you're saturated with everything AFL 24/7, you look forward to these guys/shows talking about and analysing your team in the same manner they would a Collingwood or Carlton, but they dont, in fact most of them clearly know nothing about the Swans, or choose not to.

Now I know the more mainstream media people are ex players and have there own favourite team(most likely the one they played for), but the way these guys sometimes talk about us, I'm convinced they are annoyed with the success we have had(win/loss ratio, never having to bottom out, 2005 premiership, consistently making finals) and at the same time watching their sides linger down the bottom of the table, or not playing much finals. But it still @@@@s me to no end that they constantly underate us or are very dissmissive of us winning certain games.

Theres nothing I look forward to more than when we have a good win on Sat afternoon or Saturday night and than tuning into the 2 Sunday morning footy shows on Ch 7 and Ch 9, only to have them analyse a Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/hawthorn/Geelong game with the finest of tooth combs, for 10 minutes or until there is nothing more to say and then come to the Swans game and cover it for 30 seconds, trott out the same crap about us playing "that lockdown style of football that the Swans are known for..." and then the host of the show comes back on says we have to go to commercial and I just sit there with a 'What the hell is going on here!!!!' look on my Chevy Chase.

And if thats not bad enough, the Thursday night Footy show has for years, and I am convinced deliberately, previewed our game last out of all the others, even if we are playing on Sat Afternoon, and then go over it for, at best, 5 seconds before rolling the final credits because they've run out of time.

As I said, I'm convinced that its done deliberately as Sydney viewers get the AFL footy show on late after the NRL footy show(the reverse for us here in Melbourne), and when they preview the Swans last on Sydney TV, its going to come on at around 1:00am Sydney time!!!

God, some of these twits had us missing the 8 after our premieship in 05, and some of these twits also had us missing the 8 after we backed up in 06 and lost by a point to West Coast!!!!!

Rant over.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast