Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

.... Summernats.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Goes to show NFI isn't just restricted to AFL reporters. According to Ken Sutcliffe, Ricky Stuart didn't get a lot of runs in the 2nd test against the Windies.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Goes to show NFI isn't just restricted to AFL reporters. According to Ken Sutcliffe, Ricky Stuart didn't get a lot of runs in the 2nd test against the Windies.
    Well, how many did he get??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Well, how many did he get??
    0 - Ricky Stuart was a good footballer but a pretty crap batsmen.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I have been painting the pergola all day and have listened to SEN since about 9am. They have banged on about bloody Melbourne all day. I don't how many times I have heard the debate on who has the best midfield; Carlton or Collingwood. During the run home show after 4pm Anthony Hudson started talking about how good North were and how it is a fillip to their supporters and David Schwarz took that as a cue to talk about Melbourne, and North supporters had their moment of glory swept away from them, and they never returned to the topic. They went on about Melbourne for the next 20 minutes. They must read of the same script on this topic.

Robinson went from 1pm to 1.40pm talking about the Malthouse,Buckley,McGuire fued. Nausiating stuff.

Can't wait for more of the same tripe on OTC.

The sad fact is it's heavily angled towards Victorian listeners and they'd rather talk about the worst Victorian side than the Swans. The commentary is no different, the excitment levels in the voice of the commentator will go up a few notches when it's a Victorian based team.

Just listen to Bruce and Dennis call a Carlton or Hawthorn game, absolutely sickening. I swear Bruce would drop trou for almost any Hawthorn or Carlton player.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    We tried that with Parliament and look what happened..........
    Keeps Tony Abbot out of my hair

from somewhere near manly
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Just listen to Bruce and Dennis call a Carlton or Hawthorn game, absolutely sickening. I swear Bruce would drop trou for almost any Hawthorn or Carlton player.
    Delicious!!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    It's like they can't wait for us to really fail miserably, so they can sap finally come out and say...."see, told ya swans aren't that good!!!".
    Sorry were you referring to the Melbourne media or to people on this site? :-)

Although it can be frustrating in Sydney with the lack of coverage, it could be a good thing in that we miss out on all the inane chitchat that seems to go on in the Melbourne media. I do enjoy watching Fox Footy but geez you can tire of the same media personalities banging on about the same stuff day after day. I don't think the League media here is anywhere near as bad.....

Put it this way, if you are not a fan of a victorian side and you live in Melbourne footy can be bloody annoying especially in the past 5 years.

Do the NRL and the fans refer to non sydney teams as "interstaters" or is it us victorians just being our arrogant stuck up selves?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have been painting the pergola all day and have listened to SEN since about 9am. They have banged on about bloody Melbourne all day. I don't how many times I have heard the debate on who has the best midfield; Carlton or Collingwood. During the run home show after 4pm Anthony Hudson started talking about how good North were and how it is a fillip to their supporters and David Schwarz took that as a cue to talk about Melbourne, and North supporters had their moment of glory swept away from them, and they never returned to the topic. They went on about Melbourne for the next 20 minutes. They must read of the same script on this topic.

Robinson went from 1pm to 1.40pm talking about the Malthouse,Buckley,McGuire fued. Nausiating stuff.

Can't wait for more of the same tripe on OTC.
    You forgot to mention the 5 min block of ads in between 5 mins of inane chatter and then a sports update every 10 mins in betweem more ads that only mentions news about victorian based clubs.

Funnily enough, they call the Storm the Storm and the QLD teams by their names.
    They don't even say the New Zealand team are from overseas; so yes, it's just you Victorians.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast