Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans finish 6th in membership tally

Swans finish 6th in membership tally

Just thought I'd post this separately as I think its quite the achievement to finish above teams like Port, Adelaide and Freo given their strong membership base.

Only 1000 short of getting into 5th place above Essendon.

I can only imagine how much the membership will grow if we win a flag this year.

members.jpg

Id say wed be 2nd on membership revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Id say wed be 2nd on membership revenue.
    Would West Coast be first?

More people bought swans memberships than GWS memberships.
    Mmmmmmmmmm.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Is this a fair comparison? Do all clubs offer similar membership packages?

I ask, because Swans membership must surely be exaggerated by people with multiple memberships.

I bought 2 x 3 match memberships for me & Mrs Bladey Blood before the move away from ANZ was announced- since then I've bought another 4 memberships; the two of us account for 6 of the Swans 56,523.

Are we unusual, or do you think Swans' figures are skewed?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladey Blood View Post

I ask, because Swans membership must surely be exaggerated by people with multiple memberships.

I bought 2 x 3 match memberships for me & Mrs Bladey Blood before the move away from ANZ was announced- since then I've bought another 4 memberships; the two of us account for 6 of the Swans 56,523.

Two mates of mine used to buy three memberships for their club. Two for their seats, and a third to place their backpacks so they didn't have to jam them underneath their legs. They would have been counted as 3 members.

Veterans List
    Are these numbers only 'full' memberships or do they also include part season m/ships? I ask because awhile ago I read somewhere that Hawthorn 'inflate' their membership numbers by including smaller/part membership deals. Or do all clubs count these?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladey Blood View Post

Why would you do this ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Are these numbers only 'full' memberships or do they also include part season m/ships? I ask because awhile ago I read somewhere that Hawthorn 'inflate' their membership numbers by including smaller/part membership deals. Or do all clubs count these?
    I think it includes them. Which is fair enough as they sell 2 or 3 game memberships to tassie folk.

But that's why membership revenue is the better figure.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    hawthorn fudged members.jpg

Draw your own conclusions. Seems to be full memberships to me.

Hawthorn without question fudge their figures.

These are 2015 figures though.

Seems Essendon also fudge their figures with their 3 game membership.

I think our revenue generated by memberships is rather strong, which indicates we have less 3 game memberships than people think.

At a guess that puts us at around $17m revenue for 2016. 3rd or 4th

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why would you do this ?
    I didn't expect to be able to attend 9 matches at the start of the season.

Having attended 3, and knowing I'd be able to get to at least another 3, I rang Swans membership and was told my best option was to buy another 3 game membership. Did I misunderstand, Barry, or was I misinformed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast