Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

GWS Giants | Greater Western Sydney GIANTS

Thought I'd scroll through these Giants photos from the age ahead of tonight's match...so I might have an idea who they are....happened upon photo 11...tee hee.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    haha our Sam Reid is the picture for the giants sam reid

NFI
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Not just the Melbourne media what about the old NSW AFL president calling us the silvertails and the Giants the fibros. FMD cause we're the club that got everything handed to us on a gold platter not the one who had to fight for our very existence.

What about that article about Breakfast point. Which idiot bought the idea that place was Western Sydney? 99% of the residents there would howl you down if you suggested the though.

Blog Entries
    Can't find it on the Herald Sun site, but, there is a double page spread whinging about the fact the first game is in Sydney, and no footy in the traditional homeground Melbourne.
    And another article further in whinging about it too.

Get over it.
    It's a NATIONAL game.
    It's showcasing the NEW team, in the biggest market in Australia.

Boohoo!!!!

The publicity and focus this week has been all about this game which in my view justifies it's stand alone status.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The publicity and focus this week has been all about this game which in my view justifies it's stand alone status.
    That's what I don't get about the sudden whinging.
    It's been known about since November when the draw came out.
    The AFL launch was in Sydney last week.

I'll scan some of the stuff.

Veteran Site Admin
    And it is not as if everyone else is having to wait a week longer so the Swans and Giants can play a stand-alone game. The rest of the round was never going to start before next weekend.

Blog Entries
    Front Page

Check out the final comment on the right handside.

Veteran Site Admin
    LOL. It is bad enough the paper playing on the impatience of 11 year olds (and I presume there will be a spread on 18 December with the same kids complaining that they still have a week to wait until Christmas). But you'd kinda think a 53 year old and a 29 year might have grown up a bit by now...

Are we really so surprised? Most Melbournians have their heads shoved so far up their arse that they think the world revolves around them. Professional aussie rules hasn't been soley Victorian for 30 years but how many times do you hear us and the teams in SA/WA/QLD being referred to as the interstate teams. It's non-Victorian you wankers.

If the Grand final ever does get moved from the MCG you'd expect a riot. Whether you like them or not at least the NRL is willing to share its showpiece event.

Veterans List
    One word

PATHETIC

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast