Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are the real Sydney

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar

We are the real Sydney

Penthouse all the way this year, please Goodsey!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by King Roosy View Post
    Looks like the co-captaincy thing means each of them gets an article in a different paper! What's also interesting is that the same article can be reach from different links with a different headline. It changes the intent a little bit, although I know the subbies would have written the headline rather than Macca.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/w...322-1vmxc.html
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

To all the people trying to help out GWS, just remember what they think of us.

We know we are the real Sydney yet they see themselves as the only Sydney team and they still think we're South Melbourne.

Even though we've been here 30 years.

They don't like us and we shouldn't like them either.

I think our own co-captain McVeigh summed up my thoughts on the arrival of GWS...

HAVING grown up playing football in Pennant Hills in Sydney's north-west, it's certainly not lost on me how beneficial the arrival of GWS will be for the sport in the city.
    Two teams in the competition, a game in town every week and hopefully more kids out of the lounge room and into the park - I see all that, and think it's great.
    Read more: We can't stand the Giants
    I also agree with...
    But I'm also a proud Sydney Swan, and the reality is we don't like the Giants
    Read more: We can't stand the Giants
    Go Swannies!
    Swannies for life!

South Melbourne has always been and will always be a part of this club. Its why people like myself have a family connection to the club going back to the 1930's, ( perhaps longer in some cases) always remember that King Roosy. Im pretty sure you meant no disrespect to the roots of our club, but i thought I'd remind you of that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    South Melbourne has always been and will always be a part of this club. Its why people like myself have a family connection to the club going back to the 1930's, ( perhaps longer in some cases) always remember that King Roosy. Im pretty sure you meant no disrespect to the roots of our club, but i thought I'd remind you of that anyway.
    I know that MB.

The first Swans jersey I ever had was a South jersey.

I also own a South Melbourne t-shirt I bought at a game last season.

However, I deeply resent GW$ supporters claiming they are the first Sydney club and that we're still South Melbourne.

It is complete rubbish.

I resent that too. Who are these jokers?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I resent that too. Who are these jokers?
    I've seen that crap all over the net and some GW$ fans on their official FB are urging them to beat South Melbourne tomorrow night.

Haha, I hate them already. This is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by King Roosy View Post
    I know that MB.

The first Swans jersey I ever had was a South jersey.

I also own a South Melbourne t-shirt I bought at a game last season.

However, I deeply resent GW$ supporters claiming they are the first Sydney club and that we're still South Melbourne.

It is complete rubbish.
    You need stop getting so worked up about it. We will ALWAYS be Sydney's team (and always South Melbourne's too - our dual history is one of the things I'm most proud of), we will ALWAYS be be the first here, and (for the far conceivable future) will will ALWAYS have the most support.

Chin up and stop getting so threatened by a one year old baby that's learning to take its first steps. The baby brother may be getting some attention, but we all know who people will be talking about come September.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast