Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 75

Thread: Ladder

  1. #13
    On the Rookie List Allymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    298
    I'm going to enjoy it. We can all get at least a week's worth of gloating in??
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

  2. #14
    The old Boiler! Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Blissful Delirium
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    A round 1 ladder is like a chastity belt on Paris Hilton - pretty useless and certainly no reflection of what will happen later on.
    talking from experience ther Al? ;-) yeah I love the idea that we hv a good percentage and if we beat Freo I will be beside myself .

  3. #15
    On the Rookie List johnno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    1,102
    CAN'T BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

    We win and go from top of the ladder and drop 3 PLACES!!!!!!!......to 4th place.

    SHEEESH, not happy folks!!!!

  4. #16
    The old Boiler! Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Blissful Delirium
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    CAN'T BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

    We win and go from top of the ladder and drop 3 PLACES!!!!!!!......to 4th place.

    SHEEESH, not happy folks!!!!
    Thats how for and against goes for you. We need to have a few massive wins to boost things up again just like the Blues did to Richmond. And Brisbane.

  5. #17
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    683
    yeah you really need to capitalise on the big leads and turn them into big WINS ......
    i reckon even more so this year % will be very important for the top 4 spots

  6. #18
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,368
    Nice to be on top but let's not gloat too early. One week at a time. We are in good form and deserve to be there.

  7. #19
    I'm happy if we concentrate on getting the wins, and let percentage take care of itself. At this stage of the year, percentage changes very quickly as you win and lose games, and evens out as you reach the end of the season. If we end the year with 140% as we have now, we'll be right up there.

    177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

  8. #20
    It's Goodes to cheer!! Site Admin ScottH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo
    Posts
    23,536
    Blog Entries
    2
    What wolfy and des said.
    I'd prefer to be up near the top by round 24 than rnd 2

    Sent from my phone.

  9. #21
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    I'm happy if we concentrate on getting the wins, and let percentage take care of itself. At this stage of the year, percentage changes very quickly as you win and lose games, and evens out as you reach the end of the season. If we end the year with 140% as we have now, we'll be right up there.
    Sounds good but we only beat GWS by ten goals and North Melbourne beats them by 20, makes us look pathetic. Sydney lost an opportunity in round 1 that most other teams will capitalize on. I don't even rate North so what does it say about Sydney? We had bett beat North in two weeks time.

  10. #22
    Leadership Group goswannie14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Belmont, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Sounds good but we only beat GWS by ten goals and North Melbourne beats them by 20, makes us look pathetic. Sydney lost an opportunity in round 1 that most other teams will capitalize on. I don't even rate North so what does it say about Sydney? We had bett beat North in two weeks time.
    Yes, but we beat Fremantle and last years premiers couldn't. Week to week you cannot draw straight parallels, it just doesn't work that way.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

  11. #23
    The old Boiler! Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Blissful Delirium
    Posts
    6,272
    Rarely do we blow the opposition off the field anyway so a large percentage for us is a rarity. But it was nice whilst it lasted:-)

  12. #24
    We lack a killer instinct, that's true. But beating up on a young fledgling GWS is one thing, producing results against seasoned, in form opponents is another. We beat Freo, and we should IMO beat North too. There greater winning margin against GWS is irrelevant.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO