Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladder

I'm going to enjoy it. We can all get at least a week's worth of gloating in??
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    A round 1 ladder is like a chastity belt on Paris Hilton - pretty useless and certainly no reflection of what will happen later on.
    talking from experience ther Al? ;-) yeah I love the idea that we hv a good percentage and if we beat Freo I will be beside myself .

CAN'T BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

We win and go from top of the ladder and drop 3 PLACES!!!!!!!......to 4th place.

SHEEESH, not happy folks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    CAN'T BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

We win and go from top of the ladder and drop 3 PLACES!!!!!!!......to 4th place.

SHEEESH, not happy folks!!!!
    Thats how for and against goes for you. We need to have a few massive wins to boost things up again just like the Blues did to Richmond. And Brisbane.

Regular in the Side
    yeah you really need to capitalise on the big leads and turn them into big WINS ......
    i reckon even more so this year % will be very important for the top 4 spots

Nice to be on top but let's not gloat too early. One week at a time. We are in good form and deserve to be there.

I'm happy if we concentrate on getting the wins, and let percentage take care of itself. At this stage of the year, percentage changes very quickly as you win and lose games, and evens out as you reach the end of the season. If we end the year with 140% as we have now, we'll be right up there.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Blog Entries
    What wolfy and des said.
    I'd prefer to be up near the top by round 24 than rnd 2

Sent from my phone.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    I'm happy if we concentrate on getting the wins, and let percentage take care of itself. At this stage of the year, percentage changes very quickly as you win and lose games, and evens out as you reach the end of the season. If we end the year with 140% as we have now, we'll be right up there.
    Sounds good but we only beat GWS by ten goals and North Melbourne beats them by 20, makes us look pathetic. Sydney lost an opportunity in round 1 that most other teams will capitalize on. I don't even rate North so what does it say about Sydney? We had bett beat North in two weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Sounds good but we only beat GWS by ten goals and North Melbourne beats them by 20, makes us look pathetic. Sydney lost an opportunity in round 1 that most other teams will capitalize on. I don't even rate North so what does it say about Sydney? We had bett beat North in two weeks time.
    Yes, but we beat Fremantle and last years premiers couldn't. Week to week you cannot draw straight parallels, it just doesn't work that way.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Rarely do we blow the opposition off the field anyway so a large percentage for us is a rarity. But it was nice whilst it lasted:-)

We lack a killer instinct, that's true. But beating up on a young fledgling GWS is one thing, producing results against seasoned, in form opponents is another. We beat Freo, and we should IMO beat North too. There greater winning margin against GWS is irrelevant.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast