Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ladder

Yeh, after North won today and then Stkilda, a few comentators on the radio where talking about the results and more to the point they were talking about GWS and GC and the hidings they will get this year.

Talking about how if North can demolish GWS by 120+ points, whats a Collingwood or a Geelong going to do to them.

The answer was in these cases the top sides(Haw-Coll-geel-Carl-us) usually beat teams like GWS by 8-12 goals and your middle of the road sides(North-Stk-Bulldogs) are the ones that usually beat them by over 100 points.

Do you like the way I included us with the top sides??? HEHE!!!

Regular in the Side
    We were April Premiers a few years back if I recall

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    We were April Premiers a few years back if I recall
    That went to @@@@ at the same time as Bradshaw's knee.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    That went to @@@@ at the same time as Bradshaw's knee.
    Yeah but we've still got that torp!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Yeah but we've still got that torp!
    I often dream of that kick.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Our draw after round 2

You know, we're sitting at 2-0 after two rounds, which is a decent start (albeit only a start). I was looking at our draw again and I think this win against Freo was pivotal.

First because they're are a good side but also because it sets us up for a run to round 5 against the Hawks. I'm very confident we'll beat Port, getting us to 3-0 and quite confident we'll beat North, getting us to 4-0.

This makes the Hawks game a clincher. Beat them, we go 5-0 with a run at the Crows, Tigers, Dees and Saints and Bulldogs. The Crows are our bogey side but I tend to think we're the Saints bogey side. All of these games are doable. Even if we don't beat the Hawks, 9-1 is within the realms of possibility by round 10.

The bombers make me nervous, we then have a bye, then the Cats. After that it gets patchy.

It's all about Round 5 against the Hawks I reckon.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Yes, but we beat Fremantle and last years premiers couldn't. Week to week you cannot draw straight parallels, it just doesn't work that way.
    When I was a kid the Hun used to publish the circular ladder every now and then.

This occurred usually well into the season.

Once every team had at least one win, it became possible. For example, they would show fitzroy had beaten cwood who had beaten richmond who had beaten etc until the last named had beaten the first named.

It was just a bit of fun, but showed that week by week form is no guide to real consistent form.

Of course, there were occasions when it could not be formulated at all..Sadly 1964 was one such, when the Roys beat no one. I still wake up shivering from that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Even if we don't beat the Hawks,
    It will be interesting to see how the Hawks respond after the Cats loss. Maybe the doubts will be creeping in.......good wins V the Power and Roos will set up a very interesting encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    You know, we're sitting at 2-0 after two rounds, which is a decent start (albeit only a start). I was looking at our draw again and I think this win against Freo was pivotal.

First because they're are a good side but also because it sets us up for a run to round 5 against the Hawks. I'm very confident we'll beat Port, getting us to 3-0 and quite confident we'll beat North, getting us to 4-0.

This makes the Hawks game a clincher. Beat them, we go 5-0 with a run at the Crows, Tigers, Dees and Saints and Bulldogs. The Crows are our bogey side but I tend to think we're the Saints bogey side. All of these games are doable. Even if we don't beat the Hawks, 9-1 is within the realms of possibility by round 10.

The bombers make me nervous, we then have a bye, then the Cats. After that it gets patchy.

It's all about Round 5 against the Hawks I reckon.
    Good points. We need as many early wins as we can get because we know how tough our draw is towards the end of the season. Hawthorn are tough enough without us playing them in Tassie where their record is so strong. I'd happily take 9-1 though!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

We won't even get near the hawks. They are, in another class to us.

We might get close by halftime but unless they suffer bad injuries in the second half i cannot see it happening. Will be the same against the pies this year, you know we get really close for them to just put on 5 goals in 5 mins and its all over. I think we can beat geelong and we can beat carlton.

We are capable of matching them in the middle and they aren't impossible to score against either. If they smash us in the centre however, they are capable of tearing our defence a new one. I wouldn't say we have no chance, but we will need to be at our best and hope for a little luck and brilliance. A dirty day from Franklin would help too. It's winning these type of games that can change 'also rans' into 'contenders' , but I don't think our season depends on this one. There will be other chances against good sides if this one proves too tough.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    We won't even get near the hawks. They are, in another class to us.
    I don't agree. While there is potential for Hawthorn to put 50 on us there is just as much chance for it to be a tight game. If our best team turns up they won't smack us. I use to underestimate us but i never do anymore. We can beat anyone on our day - I still believe that. Hawthorn at their best v Sydney at their best? I would say Hawthorn has more runs on the board but not always do the 2 best teams turn up.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast