Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can our BACK LINE win us a GF ?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Kennedy , jack , Parker , Bolton all capable of winning clearances. He should play where he is needed. He's a goal kicker, we need him to kick goals. IMHO of course.
    i agree when he does get clearance's he just blindly kicks the ball away, he needs to play on the forward flank like he did when he was the best in the league for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    i agree when he does get clearance's he just blindly kicks the ball away, he needs to play on the forward flank like he did when he was the best in the league for it.
    Dunno if anyone else has noticed but KJ is starting to do the same thing. Pick a target boys please.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    ROK would probably pack up and leave if tehy asked him to play permanent full forward. He wanted to leave so he could get more midfield time, and he's pretty good at the stoppages where wqe need to harder, experienced players. Wins clearances for us, without clearances, the forward line is not much use
    I doubt he'd be packing up at this stage of his career and I doubt even more that he'd find a home.

Since he was put up for trade 3 (?) years ago, we have unearthed an absolute elite clearance player (Joey), a young hardnut we wouldn't swap for the world (Parks), a midfielder good enough to win a B&F (Kizza) and the clearance king Jude is still going strong. In the forwards we have unearthed a potential GUN CHF/FF (Sammy), a , um, ahh......

He may well be capable of holding down a midfield spot still, but if he isn't prepared to play where he is needed for the teams sake, which atm certainly appears to be up forward, then I'm happy to help him pack...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Spot on

I assume ROK will take his turn in the forward line like all the midfielders do, such is the way forward lines operate today. But no one is going to put him at FF and leave him there.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Our forward line would look so much more bloody structured with ROK, Goodesy, Reid! make it happen horse @@@@@@@!

AJ is in our B22 backline imo, he played nearly every game last season and I hope it continues this year, positive youngster
    danza

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Its all well and good winning a once in a blue moon game against a cat side with nothing to play for ( i dont want to belittle that win, ...
    Then why did you?

Because in the scheme of things of it is not a true gauge of our ability. We played well above and beyond the call of duty for obvious reasons, which is not likely to happen on that scale ever again. If ever a side had nothing to play for, it was Geelong that day. I think it's great that we won but I wouldnt be pulling that win out as a measure of where we are at as a side. It's not a realistic indication.

am I being to harsh..........or did AJ have an absolute shocker yest ?

his delivery was terrible........ on many easy kicks he missed his target and or didnt sight the easy option

it was very strange in the backline yest............despite us looking very good for 3 of the 4 qtrs and seeing a solid start to the season we looked very ordinary in the backs in various stages where top 4 teams would have stripped us to shreds !

Marty had a few shocking passes and even Ted in the 3rd qtr before the goals started had a few bloopers under no pressure ?

if our backline can step up another level I think we have the midfield and I think that our forwards rotation will be very very very exciting by mid season onwards

Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 9th April 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    am I being to harsh..........or did AJ have an absolute shocker yest ?
    His first quarter was very ordinary but I felt he improved after that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    His first quarter was very ordinary but I felt he improved after that.
    I thought AJ was one of the most reliable. Not sure where you and AuntyG are coming from.
    Played well from what I saw. Reg was a different story.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast