Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 3: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Thanks Trips I gave that one to McNeil. Were you keeping score too? I gave our first goal to Pyke

Oh and were you happy that they opened the gates 5 minutes earlier ?

Blog Entries
    Excellent stuff Ugg!!
    Thanks

Great work as usual Ugg.

Hope it's nothing serious for Lockyer. I'm looking forward to his debut some time this year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Regular in the Side
    Thanks Ugg. Your effort to keep us inform of the Reserve definitely help to keep people returning to this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Thanks Trips I gave that one to McNeil. Were you keeping score too? I gave our first goal to Pyke

Oh and were you happy that they opened the gates 5 minutes earlier ?
    Wasn't keeping score. My memory thinks you are correct with Pyke. I was discussing B Jack at halftime with ORB which is why I remember exactly when he scored his goal.

Yes, the gates were a pleasant surprise, but still only got to our seats just as the ball was bounced, bang on 10:35
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Thanks ugg, watched all of it myself (you can get to your seat in time in the Brewongle!!) and agree with all you said, and yes it was B Jack who kicked a goal when BBB said....english translation at some other stage, after morning coffee.

It might have been a bit of a shock to come up against Gold Coast ressies who also have players who have had senior experience (Josh for instance.....), instead of the usual fare, and a proper fight/game ensured. Wondered where all our bench players went.....

It was also very hot and very windy, lots of very red faces coming off at half time.

I liked the look of B Jack (thanks for the vision aarr!! it was terrific), has the same shoulder movement as K Jack.
    Liked how competitive Nipper was.
    You can see that Walsh is better this game than the last one I saw, but a year away I would say.
    I would love to see Dylan get a senior. I wonder if his game would jump up a level or four if he was high up the scale. Some of them burst out of the blocks once the call up comes, leaving us "experts" wondering where on earth did that come from.
    Cambo is an interesting case study. I think he could be the goods, but .. he has a lot going for him, and reads the play a lot better than previously.
    Tony Armstrong will be better for the run. You can see that he is going to be ok, especially if enthusiasm and obviously loving the game time is anything to go by.
    Mitch Morton.....lost all confidence imho; doesn't look he "feels" like he is a Blood. Someone get Shaw onto him.
    Doggy; smart smart man, definitely a senior player, but his body is not going to allow him to do what his mind says he can do.
    Harry loves playing footy. Mature for his age, but has a way to go, there are 18 team members to consider.
    Didn't mind Jackson Potters game although not reading the play well enough yet; good, not great.
    They call Andrejs Everitt Drey. Hope he gets enough confidence and hardness around the ball.

No sign of Jesse.

The toppies are all relatively well built boys, not the skinny toothpicks we were attempting to play with in the past. They all seem to know who each other is, and that's a great legacy that Henry brought into the ressies competition.
    Last edited by Primmy; 8th April 2012 at 09:48 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jesse - non playing emergency. He and Dan running the boundary in the dark to get their game load up.
    Walsh has definitely improved on his earlier games. His timing on leads was much better and kicked a couple of nice goals.
    Nipper is great. Just needs to match that enthusiasm with some more focus. He's in a great position to tackle but lacks intent and so spins off the player.

What did everyone think of Jeager O'Meara? Living up to hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    In a word, yes.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Ugg & Primmy, thanks for write up.

As per usual, a pleasure to read.....makes me want to be in Sydney just to watch the Ressies.....well almost
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I'd second that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123