Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO rules reminder (Updated May 28th)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Rules are rules. The umpire always has the final say. But I for one would like to see Big Al return. While some of his comments may have gone out of bounds on the full, he makes/made me laugh. And that fellow swanees is part of the joy of blogging. Come back soon Big Al. The game needs the big men to fly!
    Well said!!

Ditto the above. Come back, Big Al. Don't me leave me with this lot.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    Just another point or 2.

If you have an issue with a post, or poster,
    a) Report it. It's the little triangle button at the bottom of the post, with the exclamation. It will start a thread in the Mods Forum, and one of us will look at it when we have the opportunity. We are not here 24/7 unfortunately.
    b) contact the poster via PM. You'd be surprised how easy this can be.

Do not retaliate on the boards, otherwise you may come under scrutiny of the MRP as well as the original poster.

Secondly, a reminder of how the infraction system works.
    It is very much like the AFL system. Actually more like your licence demerit system.
    You incur points pending the severity of the situation, unless it is a first offence, then generally, but not always a warning will be issued.
    These points have an expiry date, again depending on the severity, that can be for a few days to a few months.
    Once the points reach a certain value, then bannings automatically kick in. Again from 24 hours/day(s)/week(s)/month(s)/permanent.
    So, if 2 people receive the same infraction for the same incident. One may incur a ban, the other may not, due to any unexpired points.
    A certain level of points will also restrict your access to RWO. You may notice some fucntions are not accessible any more until points expire and bring you under that threshold.

We also have a 24 hour cooling off period for offences deemed to be out of character. Usually late night rantings pending alcohol content.
    The points and the ban are for 24 hours. Hopefully you've sobered up by then. This one is for your own safety!!

Make sense??
    It's not a dictatorship, we do moderate each other, that's why we have multiple mods. We don't always agree either.

Hopefully my last post in here, unless there are any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Just another point or 2.

a) Report it. It's the little triangle button at the bottom of the post, with the exclamation. It will start a thread in the Mods Forum, and one of us will look at it when we have the opportunity. We are not here 24/7 unfortunately.
    b) contact the poster via PM. You'd be surprised how easy this can be.

Do not retaliate on the boards, otherwise you may come under scrutiny of the MRP as well as the original poster.

Secondly, a reminder of how the infraction system works.
    It is very much like the AFL system. Actually more like your licence demerit system.
    You incur points pending the severity of the situation, unless it is a first offence, then generally, but not always a warning will be issued.
    These points have an expiry date, again depending on the severity, that can be for a few days to a few months.
    Once the points reach a certain value, then bannings automatically kick in. Again from 24 hours/day(s)/week(s)/month(s)/permanent.
    So, if 2 people receive the same infraction for the same incident. One may incur a ban, the other may not, due to any unexpired points.
    A certain level of points will also restrict your access to RWO. You may notice some fucntions are not accessible any more until points expire and bring you under that threshold.

We also have a 24 hour cooling off period for offences deemed to be out of character. Usually late night rantings pending alcohol content.
    The points and the ban are for 24 hours. Hopefully you've sobered up by then. This one is for your own safety!!

Make sense??
    It's not a dictatorship, we do moderate each other, that's why we have multiple mods. We don't always agree either.

Hopefully my last post in here, unless there are any questions.
    Can you explain the bit after "point or 2"? Well I thought it was funny and I'm not drunk!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Just another point or 2.

I've done that a few times when two posters (who happen to be great mates) ganged up on me. Result? Me being banned for a day whilst the other two continued to derail threads with their little in-house jokes of what they do at the footy.

Also if you want new people to post here - make it a welcoming environment. A few people who i chat to hate this place because its too cliquey and too in-house. As soon as anybody says something outside of the norm - bang they get chased away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    I've done that a few times when two posters (who happen to be great mates) ganged up on me. Result? Me being banned for a day whilst the other two continued to derail threads with their little in-house jokes of what they do at the footy.
    Well, what you see on the boards isn't always what happens behind the scenes.
    If anyone breaches the rules, then they can expect the same treatment, whether a newbie or not.

Most people who post here abide by the rules, and have no issues.

Also if you want new people to post here - make it a welcoming environment. A few people who i chat to hate this place because its too cliquey and too in-house. As soon as anybody says something outside of the norm - bang they get chased away.
    If I knew how to do that, I would.
    Sites only become cliquey, because people become comfortable with the regular people around the boards.
    I like to think we are very welcoming. No one goes out of there way to chase people away.
    I don't spend much of my time promoting the site only for people to be chased away.

People should take the time to introduce themselves in the RWO people Forum, or Why do you follow the swans.

We are all here for the same reason.

Again, we have new posters all the time, who just slot in.
    RWO is a discussion board for opinions. Opinions vary greatly.

Just wild about Harry
    Just chuckling to myself imagining a forum where everyone has the same opinions. What exciting discussions they would be... lol

Well, what you see on the boards isn't always what happens behind the scenes.
    If anyone breaches the rules, then they can expect the same treatment, whether a newbie or not.

Most people who post here abide by the rules, and have no issues.

If I knew how to do that, I would.
    Sites only become cliquey, because people become comfortable with the regular people around the boards.
    I like to think we are very welcoming. No one goes out of there way to chase people away.
    I don't spend much of my time promoting the site only for people to be chased away.

People should take the time to introduce themselves in the RWO people Forum, or Why do you follow the swans.

We are all here for the same reason.

Again, we have new posters all the time, who just slot in.
    RWO is a discussion board for opinions. Opinions vary greatly.
    I have been reading this forum for a long time now. Yes there are new posters all the time BUT most only post once or twice and then never come back. I guess its from sharing an opinion which then gets ignored.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    I have been reading this forum for a long time now. Yes there are new posters all the time BUT most only post once or twice and then never come back. I guess its from sharing an opinion which then gets ignored.
    Well, There is that as well.
    I can't force people to post, and I can't force people to not jump down someone's throat if the differ.

It's not a Utopia, and I can only encourage people to be polite, and treat others as you would expect them to treat you.

All I can keep saying is Report Posts.
    It will get attention, and be less painful than slinging abuse.

I'm open to constructive advise, as I have said, if I had all the answers RWO would be a Utopia.
    Can't see a stranger walking into a pub with a strong opinion and being welcomed with open arms. Peoples are peoples.

Great work ScottH.

I've always felt welcome on this site and never hesitate to post a reply when time permits. Also, enjoy the banter between the regulars. Don't feel it is cliquey in any way.

Would like to post more, but don't have the time at work, nor at home with two little ones to look after.

Luckily, I'm quite broadminded, so do find some negative posts just as insightful as the positive ones, as long as some thought had gone into it.

Keep up your posts Big Al (love your wit).

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Failing all that, there is always the ignore button.

I dont post very regularly but often check for news / updates / reserves reports. There are some posters I find more interesting than others and I tend to skim / ignore the others. It seems most of the recent angst is from the GWS dual citizenship which I think needs to be resovled with an agreement to disagree.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Wot he said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast