Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO rules reminder (Updated May 28th)

Blog Entries

Thumbs down RWO rules reminder (Updated May 28th)

Over the last few years I've been doing some research of various people who no longer post or do not post on RWO.

The main reason is the negativity.
    The next reason is that people are shot down for having a differing opinion.

2 things that I have little control over, unless it gets abusive.

We have only just reached Rnd 2 and we are already having issues with people playing the man, not the ball.
    If you haven't noticed sniping/baiting/abuse is against the RWO RULES.
    If you've forgotten the RULES, they can be found on the TAB above that says RULES!!

Rule of thumb:
    • don't say things, that you wouldn't want people to say to you on the boards.
    • they are people on the other side of the screen, sometimes comments hurt.
    • If I, or any of the other VOLUNTEERS on this board have to get involved, it makes our time of here less enjoyable, Sometimes we come on RWO for only a few minutes to check up on the latest threads, then spend our own precious time cleaning up threads, discussing your behaviour, issuing infractions/warnings. (or writing this post, I've just come back from a few days off, and I'm faced with some issues!!!!!) All time consuming tasks, that should be unnecessary, but some of you think otherwise.

Everyone has a right to post and be heard.
    If you can't play nice, it may be YOU that is stopping new people signing up, or posting, or turning people away!!!!

Think twice before posting!!!!!!!!!

Well I for one will only be posting sporadically from now on. I used to love having fun on here, some of the funniest people I know post here and I'm constantly laughing. I've met some great people from this site and one of my best friends is a supporter I met through here.

Sadly I've seen the site deteriorate to something I no longer enjoy. I'm a big believer in everyone being allowed to have their say and with that freedom comes the inevitable consequence that sites like these can be taken over by less than positive influences. I know this and what Scott said above will have no effect whatsoever on some but hopefully some of you will realise your posting is driving people away and maybe stopping people from joining in. We have 20,000+ members but only 350 acting RWO members (I think that stay is way high). I wonder why!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Well I for one will only be posting sporadically from now on. I used to love having fun on here, some of the funniest people I know post here and I'm constantly laughing. I've met some great people from this site and one of my best friends is a supporter I met through here.

Sadly I've seen the site deteriorate to something I no longer enjoy. I'm a big believer in everyone being allowed to have their say and with that freedom comes the inevitable consequence that sites like these can be taken over by less than positive influences. I know this and what Scott said above will have no effect whatsoever on some but hopefully some of you will realise your posting is driving people away and maybe stopping people from joining in. We have 20,000+ members but only 350 acting RWO members (I think that stay is way high). I wonder why!!
    I feel exactly the same way Al. Which you probably read in a thread today any way.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

If you have a problem with the tenet of the posts why not send notices to people like I seemed to get quite regularly last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    If you have a problem with the tenet of the posts why not send notices to people like I seemed to get quite regularly last year.
    Well said.

Fair enough too
    danza

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Some of the older members may recall the pre2005 LRT debates (Urgh!)
    And I actually abandoned RWO a few years ago too for this reason.
    On the other hand I sometimes sending a Personal Message, as an alternative to polluting a thread (although sometimes I post the lettters PM in the thread itself to attract the recipients attention). it has proven effective on occasions.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Just wild about Harry
    Well, I don't take this too seriously. If a thread annoys me I simply abandon it and read one that amuses me. There are posters on here who I enjoy for their wit (and my boss often asks me what I'm laughing at!), and those who disagree with me but I appreciate because they have good thoughts. There are also those who seem to have the emotional maturity of an 8yo, but I simply ignore those posters.
    I have never met Al, but by all accounts should he leave then there will be a huge hole to fill and RWO will be poorer for it.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the words of the great DAAS; can't we all love one another? Even Oedipus had a mother!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    ....... Even Oedipus had a mother!
    That's worth a laugh
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries
    Obviously my OP has caused some concern for some.

I was no angelic poster when I first signed up and I felt the wrath of the administration at the time.
    I took it on the chin and moved on. Some of those people I "fought" with I'd now consider friends. We moved on.

My objective is to make RWO a place for all to enjoy. Not just a handful.
    Many people read, but don't post. Many people have left. Many people refuse to sign up.

Our number of members increases each year, but the number of active posters does not.

Your mindset changes when you run a site.
    I want to grow the site, encourage new members to post without fear.
    Encourage current members to post more.

No one wants the site to dwindle away, and only be enjoyed by a handful. It would make the site very dull, and would probably kill it off.
    I've done a lot of work over the last few seasons to raise the profile of the site as not every swans fan has heard of us.
    Don't let all that work be in vain.

Think before posting. Will this be detrimental to the site, to other people.
    Can I say it in a different way.

I hate infracting people. It's not something I take lightly
    I hate waking up and having 5 PM's to deal with.
    I hate waking up and seeing that people(s) have been infracted.
    Saddens me.

Help me out.
    Please!!

We all love the Swans.
    We all love RWO.
    It's your site. Make it a good one!!!

Rules are rules. The umpire always has the final say. But I for one would like to see Big Al return. While some of his comments may have gone out of bounds on the full, he makes/made me laugh. And that fellow swanees is part of the joy of blogging. Come back soon Big Al. The game needs the big men to fly!
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast