Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 v Port Power

I thought Nipper had his worst game in 12 months today. Was thinking he must hate playing the Suns, last time he got sent off at quarter time and today he couldn't hold a grab to save himself and had some shocking turnovers coming out of defence.

I like Nipper, but on todays performance not a hope.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Rohan??
    Maybe we should drop him. He seems to be a danger to his team mates and himself in the last 2 games!
    That thought had crossed my mind. I was chatting the other night with a fellow Swan about how he cut his hand being Ted's barrel girl on Ted TV. They should put him in one of the sumo suits to protect him.
    Jude has a massive lump under that bandage. He seemed to grab his head when he shepherded Sammy's big goal from 50 through. I looked to see if Gaz was in the vicinity.
    I love how gutsy and fearless our young kids are but we are going to have some moments of worry in these early days.
    Not sure what the obsession is with Seaby playing. He's not the second ruck and will only be played as first ruck when Mummy is injured. I'd expect White to come in for LRT. Pyke's PCL means he can't jump which is why they had Everitt in playing ruck in the ressies so he isn't really an option.
    Shaw looked to get a whack in the back/ribs. Can't see any point in giving him a run in the ressies . If he's fit we need him. He was great today on Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Out - McVeigh,
    In - Anybody willing to put there body on the line and commit to a contest.
    He had a very quite day today

His efforts when he had the chance to impose himself on a contest was disgraceful.

Poor form from our Co Captain.

You don't drop a co-captain after one poor game. McVeigh is a proud footballer, he'll make up for it against Port.

Nipper not relaxed enough on the delivery as yet

Armstrong will be hot on the heels of Mal for that running HB possie
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Besides the obvious Mummy - for - Seaby reverse swap, the other possible change may be for ROK to get a full run in the reserves for match fitness. Besides that excellent contested grab in the forward 50 and subsequent goal which took us back a few years, he had no impact on the game at all.

Oh, and Auntie, with their respective games today I would say Malceski is quite safe from Armstrong for some time.

i thought Shaw turned over quite a lot today and seem to pull up winded that is why I suggested a game in the 2's. If he is injured he shouldn't be playing at all. I didn't think Rhyce had much impact on the game at all today, he had one very good run. Hill didn't get into the game that is true but I think that had as much to do with the way the game was played and lack of open space. He loves the big ground and we hemmed him in. I though we forced them around the flanks in the first half and that played into our hands. In the second half they were able to get the clearances and drive from the back half and use the corridor. Maybe we could have planted a player directly in the corridor and blocked the run. The clearances were always going to be a worry because of Sandilands.

LRT was sitting right next to Horse in the press conference when Horse was asked about injuries from todays game.. Horse said none that he knew of.. So it seems strange that it wasn't mentioned then.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Besides the obvious Mummy - for - Seaby reverse swap, the other possible change may be for ROK to get a full run in the reserves for match fitness. Besides that excellent contested grab in the forward 50 and subsequent goal which took us back a few years, he had no impact on the game at all.

Oh, and Auntie, with their respective games today I would say Malceski is quite safe from Armstrong for some time.
    Mal is very safe he was very good today. I can think of quite a few players who were a lot worse than Mal. Goodsie had an off day and tried to do too much instead of playing the team game. Macca was soft in a few contests, I think because of misjudgement more than anything else. Reg got plenty of ball but I close my eyes when he starts to make a decision as to what to do and how to accomplish it. Teddy was playing too far above his height today. They were big! But still put in a good game. Everyone tried and was for most part hard at the ball.

In; Mummy, pity Lockyer got injured I would have him in, Harry
    Out; LRT if injured, ROK (maybe a game in the 2's)? Shaw (maybe injured or under fit)?

If Lockyer is injured Shaw stays if not injured. ROK needs a good run but maybe against Port it would be good to just retain the same team barring injuries. But I would try to get Harry back soon.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 7th April 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    LRT was sitting right next to Horse in the press conference when Horse was asked about injuries from todays game.. Horse said none that he knew of.. So it seems strange that it wasn't mentioned then.
    He had one hell of a shiner!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Why would you bring Lockyer in? He's played one half of one shortened NAB cup game and then 3 quarters of a reserves game.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast