Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 v Port Power

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why would you bring Lockyer in? He's played one half of one shortened NAB cup game and then 3 quarters of a reserves game.
    and according to Twitter he went off injured.

and Mal was very very good today IMO. In fact he was our 2nd highest possession getter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Dunno why people want Hanners out. He'll be better for the run for sure and did some nice things today. Lewie copped a hard knock to the head. I think friendly fire from Rohan.
    Can't understand why Hannas should go either he got 12 coming on in the third. Shaw got 10 for the match when AJ and Reg both got into the high 20's. ROK got 2 so why not drop him? Or Shaw?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why would you bring Lockyer in? He's played one half of one shortened NAB cup game and then 3 quarters of a reserves game.
    He is a very classy unit I think. Very well balanced. I think he would fit in quite nicely if he can stay fit and get some game time. I have seen some of his WAFL footage and he is good and the WAFL is a reasonably high standard (VFL). I wasn't ever suggesting Mal go out he was great today! I was suggesting Shaw (10) have a 2's game if he is fit and get some match fitness back. ROK (2) needs some time too.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I was suggesting Shaw (10) have a 2's game if he is fit and get some match fitness back.
    Wolfie Shaw spent most of the game tagging Hill. He kept him to only a few possessions till half time and to only 18 possies for the game whilst still getting 10 himself. Anyone who chases Hill around all day is going to look a little tired.

Goes up to 11
    Mal was very classy today and he and Shaw stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Dunno why people want Hanners out. He'll be better for the run for sure and did some nice things today.
    Only had 10 against GWS and only played a quarter today. And I did say maybe.......we do have a habit of dropping our subs.

Regular in the Side
    This is a very confusing thread - the only logical change seems Mumford for Seaby barring injuries. Assume Hanners was only sub to control his game time after being rusty last week ... Seemed to shake off some cobwebs and looked back to normal! Can't see anyone other dramatic changes - A few people were quiet but in that kind of win, everyone played their part.

Mummy in if fit, Rohan to be sub, he might need a break from the tough stuff, I don't think he has the body to handle it week in week out yet. ROK and Shaw will both be better for the run and need to lpay seniors to get match fit. Playing in resereves is no better than a training run fo these blokes
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

watched the ressies today the only shinning light for me was Armstrong but looks a couple of games away, Tdl did play deeper and looked ok, his chance may depend on injuries.
    The Ressies skill levels were way down today I didnt think anyone else looked up to a senior call up.
    Would still like to see White or Pyke at FF but I dont think we will see either for a while.
    If mummy is fit Seabs out for mummy not much else to change?

Cheers

waz

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    where's lamb?

On Tuesday we will find out the injury count. It was a very physical match. Reid got one to the shoulder but carried on so he should be right. If the rumours are right LRT will have a scan of his face but the club is keeping mum so far on that. ROK looked very lost yesterday and of course that is due to having absolutely no match conditioning at all. Mummy we all hope will be all right but I think this brings up a far bigger issue. The problem of his workload. It is far too big and there needs to be a lot more on ball time for the second ruck. He can't continue to ruck for 3/4 of a game or we won't have him in 5 years, he will be retired due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    i thought Shaw turned over quite a lot today and seem to pull up winded that is why I suggested a game in the 2's. If he is injured he shouldn't be playing at all. I didn't think Rhyce had much impact on the game at all today, he had one very good run. Hill didn't get into the game that is true but I think that had as much to do with the way the game was played and lack of open space. He loves the big ground and we hemmed him in. I though we forced them around the flanks in the first half and that played into our hands. In the second half they were able to get the clearances and drive from the back half and use the corridor. Maybe we could have planted a player directly in the corridor and blocked the run. The clearances were always going to be a worry because of Sandilands.
    Serious? Shaw toweled Hill completely. We're you at the same game?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast