Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 3 v Port Power

Wow, I thought McVeigh was one of our better players. Certainly used the ball better than 90% of his teammates, and got enough of it.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Wow, I thought McVeigh was one of our better players. Certainly used the ball better than 90% of his teammates, and got enough of it.
    I'm also very confused by those who thought he had a bad game. Thought his first half in particular was terrific. Maybe it's one of those "on TV versus at the ground" problems. What you don't see on TV is the marshalling, directing, instructions and encouragement he delivers through the entire game, often just at the edge of play. Just as a captain should.

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    This is a very confusing thread - the only logical change seems Mumford for Seaby barring injuries. Assume Hanners was only sub to control his game time after being rusty last week ... Seemed to shake off some cobwebs and looked back to normal! Can't see anyone other dramatic changes - A few people were quiet but in that kind of win, everyone played their part.
    Yep
    up the guts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Have to agree. If LRT's out, I hope Jesse gets a run.
    Please John NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    So glad you said this, I thought I must have gotten sun stroke because I thought he was pretty good.

Npthing wrong with McVeigh's game. 23 disposals, fifth highest in DT points, one great goal on the run.

Didn't have a problem with the Fox commentary team either - Huddo, Dunstall and Roos called it pretty well.

Next week I'll be on the alert for points of dissatisfaction.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

After the game on Saturday Jesse White and Hanners had to train on the SCG for about 45 minutes. Clearly match fitness is an issue.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Npthing wrong with McVeigh's game. 23 disposals, fifth highest in DT points, one great goal on the run.
    Agreed McVeigh was nowhere near our worst. While it is true he appears to have the hitting power of a soggy meringue, that's what's to be expected of an outside mid.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Jessie White just needs a good ten years playing reserves, then hopefully he can be promoted for one senior game and then retire. He's "developing"! Ah boy I'm becoming bitter....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    After the game on Saturday Jesse White and Hanners had to train on the SCG for about 45 minutes. Clearly match fitness is an issue.
    Jesse was a senior emergency and didn't play in the magoos, Hanners was the sub. It's not abnormal for guys in those roles to clock a heap of laps at the end of the game.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Agree. After reading how bad he was last night I thought he'd barely touched the ball.
    But after seeing the game tonight he was no where near as bad as I expected, but obviously not sensational. Dropping him would be ludicrous.
    I agree I don't think he was that bad but I thought he misjudged a couple of contests that made it look as though he was pulling out. It wasn't pulling out as if you watch the sun he just gets lost looking for the ball. What he should have done was connect with the body of the Freo player in each case and that would have been fine, it would have made a contest of it. He was ok as far as I could see did a couple of really good things and delivery a lot better than some of his mates.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Jesse was a senior emergency and didn't play in the magoos, Hanners was the sub. It's not abnormal for guys in those roles to clock a heap of laps at the end of the game.
    Yep, standard practice every week...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    "get some game time..."

In time your assessment may well be right Wolfy, but to suggest he comes in next week is delusional, even by RWO standards...
    Unlike most of the recruits we get who only have junior experience Jordan Lockyer has had a year of WAFL experience. That is the equivalent of VFL standard. He is not a green recruit like many of the others he has been blooded with the big guys. He would have played against most of the guys playing for Freo Saturday and the guys playing for the Eagles at some stage or another. So don't treat him as a junior who has only played at junior level. He may need a few more games but I like the way he moves and think in time he will fit nicely. But if fit I don't see a problem throwing him into the mix against Port after all it is Port not exactly the Cats!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast