Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please - Hawthorn V Swans at Aurora Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I always preferred driving in and parking on the outer wing. The ground may have changed a bit since then though.
    Agree with Swansrule100 - best to walk there from town as it's only about 15 minutes walk.
    Finally, if you are after a few drinks go to the Royal Oak or the Inveresk. Both far better than the Park Hotel which is the closest to the ground.
    We used to drive my father's butcher's delivery van in to that wing, put the tailgate down and stand on thatlooking over the car...watching City South.

This time I have a general admission ticket.Couldn't get a seat but am hoping to see what I can do. Surely the fact my Grandmother used to make theafternoon teas under the stand for a million years for both North Launceston and Launceston should count for something.

General admission means you can stand or get there early and find a seat of which thereare only a few
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Well I rang Aurora, and spoke with Ticketmaster and both advised that all general admission at Aurora is standing only. I think this needs to be clear when booking. Changed tickets but had to get 3 separate seats as only single seats were available.
    I don't believe it is Ticketmaster's fault. They are there to sell you the ticket you ask for when you ring up. I always know exactly what I am buying before I buy anything online or over the phone.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I don't believe it is Ticketmaster's fault. They are there to sell you the ticket you ask for when you ring up. I always know exactly what I am buying before I buy anything online or over the phone.
    I agree it is not entirely Ticketmaster's fault, however surely when you do the drop down box to order general admission tickets it's not too hard to put standing only in brackets beside it. Also think it could be included next to the description of "the hill" (in hindsight maybe that should have rung a bell)
    on the seating chart. Really how hard is that? Incidentally the guy at Ticketmaster was very helpful and not his fault at all. I think the AFL should include this information on their website about each AFL ground.

For those of you who have general admission tickets this was the response I received from the nice lady at Aurora Stadium:

"Sorry, there are no general admission seats at Aurora Stadium, all general admission is standing. General admission is on the Railway Workers Hill, in front of the Eastern Terrace and in front of the Aurora Function Centre. There are tiered standing areas in these areas."

weird if it had a seat number yet was standing room i am in the lower gunns stand eastern is good but sun gets in the eyes if sunny i like southern if any seats quite a bit of that area is membership reserve as is gunns have not tried northern stand there is a new stand carlton draught ?? standing is usually in front of eastern stand which is on other side of ground to the benches and rooms up to swans end of the ground northern stand
    southern stand has hawks cs in

Howdy folks. Does anyone know if there is an arranged gathering of Swans fans before or after the game in Launceston? If so, can anyone shed light on where? I haven't seen anything written anywhere so far. I'm going tomorrow so if there's anything happening Saturday I'd be interested too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

There should be a training session check swans web site for details hawks have a session in the arvo not sure if that means russty swans will be a later season or an earlier one

Just checked mmmmm thats strange opposition teams usually do have a training session there is a walk to the ground from city park from 11.45 am arrive at ground at 12 before the game if any are interested

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS HEROES View Post
    Just checked mmmmm thats strange opposition teams usually do have a training session there is a walk to the ground from city park from 11.45 am arrive at ground at 12 before the game if any are interested
    Thanks for all your help Hawks Heroes. Out of gratitude. I'm sending you a few commas and full stops.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ................................. and a few ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Thanks for all your help Hawks Heroes. Out of gratitude. I'm sending you a few commas and full stops.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ................................. and a few ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I was going wtf until I read the thread.

Very funny!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12