Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please - Hawthorn V Swans at Aurora Stadium

Senior Player

Help Please - Hawthorn V Swans at Aurora Stadium

I have just purchased general admission tickets at Aurora Stadium (very cheap) for the Hawthorn v Swans game and although Ticketmaster has allocated a Gen Adm Row J and 2 seat numbers I am worried that they are standing tickets as someone said all Gen Admin at Aurora are standing tickets. It did not say anywhere on the Ticketmaster website that they were standing tickets. Tickets now seem very hard to get. Any help on what Aurora is like would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I have just purchased general admission tickets at Aurora Stadium (very cheap) for the Hawthorn v Swans game and although Ticketmaster has allocated a Gen Adm Row J and 2 seat numbers I am worried that they are standing tickets as someone said all Gen Admin at Aurora are standing tickets. It did not say anywhere on the Ticketmaster website that they were standing tickets. Tickets now seem very hard to get. Any help on what Aurora is like would be appreciated.
    Love the title of your thread - almost a Freudian slip.

There's plenty of seats at Aurora stadium - or there was the last time I was there. It had just been upgraded.

Is there a gate number on the ticket? Which side of the ground is it?

You could try calling the stadium itself to check if you're worried.

I'm going too. Any tips from RWO folks would be greatly appreciated.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

there are some seats for general admission, im pretty sure theres still a bench seat around the boundry even last time im there. Some spots are pretty awful to watch the footy from to be honest as foot traffic walks in front of the stand, so a front row seat in the stand can actually be bloody annoying. especially in front of the terraces that were meant to be there as a temp then got a roof on them and stayed.
    Theres not much left to say

theres apparently general admission seats in front of the eastern terrace
    Theres not much left to say

Go Swans Always
    I am going down for this game. Know nothing about the stadium. Going to Hobart first on 25/4 and then travel through to Launceston. So looking forward to a mini break from work.
    Love those Swans

Senior Player
    Well I rang Aurora, and spoke with Ticketmaster and both advised that all general admission at Aurora is standing only. I think this needs to be clear when booking. Changed tickets but had to get 3 separate seats as only sinle seats were available.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Well I rang Aurora, and spoke with Ticketmaster and both advised that all general admission at Aurora is standing only. I think this needs to be clear when booking. Changed tickets but had to get 3 separate seats as only sinle seats were available.
    I brought two GA tickets K15 and 16 and nowhere did it say standing room. I even spoke to TM re reserved seating which had sold out and the guy said GA was still available at no time did he say standing room. I'm disgusted with TM and will be demanding a refund on misleading information and if it is not forthcoming I will go to consumer affairs. My friend has a heart condition and no way can he stand for that length of time.

I note that when they sell seats for the Manuka Oval game it clearly states Standing Room and therefore this should be the case at Aurora. And that will be my consumer affairs case.

If we ever play there again then maybe the Swans (if they know) should warn people - GA is Standing room.

I honestly think there are a few seats for general admission. In the standing area there are poles to lean on theres also a hill with some steps to sit on the other side, but if ticketmaster say no seats then i presume correct.

Get ready for a massive traffic jam
    By the way theres only one way out really, if ur driving park in town and walk over if ur staying walk from ur hotel.

Avoid the dump hotels theres a lot. The atmosphere at aurora is often a weird silence and some
    Hawks idiot on a drum

On the Rookie List
    I always preferred driving in and parking on the outer wing. The ground may have changed a bit since then though.
    Agree with Swansrule100 - best to walk there from town as it's only about 15 minutes walk.
    Finally, if you are after a few drinks go to the Royal Oak or the Inveresk. Both far better than the Park Hotel which is the closest to the ground.

Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    The setting chart does not convey that the general admission is standing room only. It should state it clearly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast