Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 v the Roos

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    ROK was weak yesterday. Doubt if he had 10 possessions although he did kick a goal.
    16 possies and 2 goals. Much better than the week before.

Veteran Site Admin
    Have to stick with ROK. Clear improvement on the previous week. He just needs time in his legs. We need his grunt around the ball for at least parts of the game. JPK and Parker did most of the centre bounce heavy lifting this week but we can't rely on just the two of them for the whole season.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Have to stick with ROK. Clear improvement on the previous week. He just needs time in his legs. We need his grunt around the ball for at least parts of the game. JPK and Parker did most of the centre bounce heavy lifting this week but we can't rely on just the two of them for the whole season.
    Keep ROK!

And Hanners had a pretty handy 36 possessions yesterday ... But I see your point!

Goes up to 11
    I was really impressed with the way ROK got himself into the game at telling moments in the 4th quarter. I thought he looked really off the pace earlier on but he came through when it mattered.

Oh and Hanners is back too if yesterday's effort is any indication - he gets a thumbs up from me - I thought he did very well...

i still think ladies and gents we executed the next phase of our 2012 game plan

Parks and Hannes absolutely surprised the hell out of Port..........Parks and Hannes were not manned up on and over half the game Primus backed his midfield to dominate and win the ball over these two and combined with JPK - Port had no answers. We simply went to town on Port and they reacted to slowly to Hannes and Parks actually dominating the first half !

the change of the guard will not be taken as lightly against North as we have started to show our hand but you would hope we will have a few other older players lift a notch also next week !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post

And Hanners had a pretty handy 36 possessions yesterday ... But I see your point!
    He did, but more as a link player than a centre bounce player. Which is excellent, because though he's not super quick, a fit Hanners does the gut running required to be a valuable link man and provide some spread. We've been decent to good at the in close stuff for years, but often suffer with having an option to receive the next possession. And Hanner's disposal wasn't too bad yesterday, either. He seemed to be going a bit shorter with his possessions, rather than the off-balance, aimles long kicks he was dishing up last year.

I watched the game again today, it looked like they purposely held Jude out of the hard inside stuff, possibly, some of the older players have had lighter pre seasons and will take longer to get completely match fit. It wouldn't surprise me to see Jude and ROK spend a bit more time at the contest next week as their fitness improves and the older harder bodies are required. Certainly Parker will be getting a bit more respect next week, so we may well do something different, expect JPK to still be busting packs open, but as for the makeup of the team, we are restricted by a couple of injuries and maybe a suspension this week. I thought Shaw did a good job on Cassisi. Hope Harvey is out as has been speculated
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    With the actions of both Goodes (I thought he was pretty off yesterday) and Jack being looked at, and doubts over McGlynn, Smith and LRT it's hard to make any plans.

ROK: Still not up to par. Perhaps we should have give ROK a game to gain match fitness in the 2's to begin with, but as we've already given him 1? games in the seniors, there's no point sending him to the 2's now.

White: I thought he got a few dodgy decisions against him by the umps, but he was serviceable. So in the abscence of LRT, it's him or Pike. Is Pike able to jump again?

Everitt: He was included because his height made him more versatile, but the role he played against Port seemed to be that of a slow moving mid, and we all doubt his ability to make use of his height anyway. So . . .

TDL: I think he should be given a chance (replacing Benny if he's hurt, or Everitt if he's mediocre), TDL's nwe found enthusiasm for takling and gut running seems to be continuing according to Ugg.

Thoughts of including Armstrong, Lamb, Morton, Walsh, Lockyer all seem to be based on hope/potential rather than performance in the 2's at the moment.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    McGlynn fit but Smith not.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/News/N...7/Default.aspx

Armstrong with his pace could be handy against the likes of Thomas, Campbell, Harper and Adams.

Smith won't be playing this week, either. Sounds like a nasty infection.
    Defender Nick Smith will miss one more week as he recovers from an inner-ear infection, but the Swans have no fresh injury concerns.
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/News/N...5/Default.aspx

Likely we'll have the same 22 as against Port, notwithstanding the Goodes situation.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McGlynn fit but Smith not.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/News/N...7/Default.aspx

Armstrong with his pace could be handy against the likes of Thomas, Campbell, Harper and Adams.
    Is Armstrong match fit? Would love to have him in the side.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    3 reserves games under his belt, that's more than enough.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast