Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodesy - One Week

Guys it's the AFL. When you think about it nothing makes sense in this silly game.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    He's a repeat offender, the AFL will set an example with him.

If it was a player from any other them I doubt there would be any debate at all.

Cop the week and move on (and change this part of your game)

So from your comments can I assume that every other player in the league can go low down and slide in to get the ball except for Goodes as he is a repeat offender? What exactly is he repeatedly offending?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    [/B]

So from your comments can I assume that every other player in the league can go low down and slide in to get the ball except for Goodes as he is a repeat offender? What exactly is he repeatedly offending?
    He copped a week in the NAB cup only 6 weeks ago for the same thing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    Guys it's the AFL. When you think about it nothing makes sense in this silly game.
    It's all to do with the AFL's interpretations of it's own league rules regarding the sport of Australian Rules Football.

This crap isn't happening at the 2nd tier or amateur leagues.

#notasillygame
    #sillyleaguerules

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    WTF, a week because it was silly, not because it was dangerous and vicious?????
    That does irk me, the level of very literal interpretations of rules during games, and then rulings of the MRP/tribunal really are a frustrating thing to watch in the game.

I suspected it may get worse as soon as the hands on the back in a marking contest rule started to be enforced, it appeared to be a knee jerk imposed by an increasingly risk adverse group that was striving to ensure rules had very black and white measures for when they were broken. No great shame in trying to ensure people clearly know when they stand, but not when you end up with a situation where that literal "always wrong if you do this" interpretation of the rule isn't in line with the intention of the rule.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

He copped a week in the NAB cup only 6 weeks ago for the same thing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he slide in with studs up and slid into the shins during the NAB incident. It looked like a totally different action last Saturday.

Yeah but he still slid into his opponents.

Isaw Judd do something similar on friday night and nothing is said . If Judd gets a 3rd Brownlow this year then the umps have been bought off from proceeds of the Pratt estate ;-) . Let's not forget that a few years back that Leigh Matthews said that our Adam was a protected species - well Add Judd to that damned list if that's the case.

I look forward to Adam telling us exactly what he was trying to do - given it is his second time up for "sliding in" i hope the message sinks in that is unacceptable the way the game is interpreted today - we just have to suck it and have a whinge if somebody else does it and does'nt get reported - can anybody think of an example of other players using a similar technique - apart from soccer players !!!

His opponent slid in first, if he had of kept his feet Goodes would have been able to also. Instead Goods has had to slide in also to avoid cleaning up the opposition player completely with a knee to the head. A collision here was unavoidable, the one that occurred was the last severe of the options available. This should get thrown out its an absolute disgrace.

What I don't get is that the Port player did exactly the same thing. If Judd did it too and he does slide in with his studs open on quite a few occasions, he should also be cited.

Senior Player
    Yeah but he still slid into his opponents.
    Sliding in studs up as he did in the NAB (and was correctly suspended for) is nowhere near sliding in knees up.

The first has the capability of tearing skin and breaking bones. The second does not.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast