3 9.09%
  • North Melbourne - between 20 and 39 points

3 9.09%
  • North Melbourne - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 - North Melbourne

Round 4 - North Melbourne

Another intriguing game coming up this Sunday.

North had a narrow loss against the Bombers, smashed GWS to pieces, and broke their run of outs against Geelong with a classy, hoodoo-breaking win. They're in good form.

We've had an easy win against GWS, a very good win against Freo, and a workman-like win against our bunny team, Port Adelaide.

We seem pretty evenly matched, so it should be a great contest, even if we're without Goodes.

I think we will win again. Swans by a couple of goals.

P.S. And I hope it doesn't rain.

Good grief.
    I can guarantee another heart attack material game.

Swans by 3.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We will need to play close to our best for four quarters. The Roos will be full of confidence after that game and if we're a little off I'm sure we will pay the price. I predict another close game, swans by 7 points.

Cant help but think north will get the wood over us. Cmon swannies prove me wrong! I hope we beat north they always play good against us it s***s me up the wall! Sammy has to fire us home

I can't help but think ( not sure if it's wishful thinking, or just daftness perhaps) that the Roos win against the Cats and the subsequent tyre pumping that is going on could perhaps work in our favor for this match. Obviously there's been a lot of hype around the win , and they will be expected to back that performance up. We're getting them in good form, but also with a bit of added pressure now I feel too, of which they probably wouldn't have felt before . Anyway well have to wait and see how they respond to it, but hopefully it's not all that well!

Veteran Site Admin
    I didn't see the Cats Roos game, but commentary on the footy shows today has commented on how little pressure the Cats applied (most un-Cat like). The Swans need to go in with a mentality to tackle, chase and harass like demons (not Demons) and we may see the handball-happy Roos come a little unstuck. Fortunately the SCG is well-suited to crowding a team up.

Notwithstanding that we'll probably be without Goodes, I think the fact we will have Jack is significant. Wells and Harvey are two players to tag hard because they provide so much of the Roos' drive. Bird has played on Wells before and might be tried this week but possibly lacks the pace if Wells really turns it on. Shaw and Jack are the two players best equipped to take Wells and Harvey. Hopefully Smith will be back to take care of Thomas in the forward line, which frees Rhyce up to run with Wells or Harvey.

If McGlynn misses, either TDL or Harry needs to come in. I wouldn't mind seeing Harry again at the top level, but it would be good to see whether the introduction of TDL to our forward line will provide a little more structure, with another genuine marking target, albeit a shortish one.

The midfield clearance battle will be fascinating. Kennedy (and agianst Port, Parker) was able to work off one ruckman for each of the last two teams - Sandi against Freo and Mummy against Port. This week the ruck contests won't be as clear cut as the two first ruckmen are both highly competent.

We can win but, as already mentioned, only if most of the team plays a good 4 quarters.

We'll win!

(cutting edge analysis eh? )
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    We'll win if we play a good solid 3 quarters...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    We'll win if we play a good solid 3 quarters...
    We'll win if we turn up for the 3rd qtr.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    We'll win if we turn up for the 3rd qtr.
    Why change a winning formula?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Why change a winning formula?
    Coz it will save us money on heart pills.

On the Rookie List
    I think we will win and win rather comfortably with the game being at the SCG, even without goodesy. I cant take north seriously yet, not even after a fluke win against geelong. Swans by 27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast