Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Response from the team

Response from the team

Goodes is obviously a big loss and we are playing a North Melbourne team in great form. The XXII who play have to show that we aren't a one-man team and we'll win even without him.

Arguably we've been winning without Goodes being at his best so far this year anyway. He's a traditionally slow starter, and the team will just have to get by without him.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

The Senior guys like Mccveigh, ROK, Jude and Shaw need to step up in Goodesy's absence and help out the youngsters who have been carrying us. A complete , 4 qtr team performance will see us beat the Roos. Though a big performance from whoever comes into the team ( Armstrong, TDL, Harry, whoever) would be handy for our chances as well.

I don't think Goodsie has been playing all that well. He came good when it counted last week but other than that has had a very slow early season. Harry would be nice but I wonder about the delivery. I saw some footage on the weekend and he was spraying them everywhere. Lambie would also be nice but I think he hasn't really hit his straps yet. TDL is going along smoothly without starring but in a different role, that of a mid. Armstrong is not having blinders but has been solid what I have seen of him.

I think TDL needs to come in. They normally drop the sub back but I doubt that will happen this week.

I think the young blokes have stepped up and you are right the older blokes have to step up this week and if they don't dump them. No place in this side for passengers or players relying on their name to get them through. Not saying that is happening, just seen it in so many other sides.

The only upside to this ridiculous decision is that we will get in peek into the (hopefully distant) future.

I'm confident that we can beat North without Goodes, though I'd be much more so if he were there.

The other really galling thing is that the new all-time Swans game record would be set in Launceston, of all places!
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    The only upside to this ridiculous decision is that we will get in peek into the (hopefully distant) future.

I'm confident that we can beat North without Goodes, though I'd be much more so if he were there.

The other really galling thing is that the new all-time Swans game record would be set in Launceston, of all places!
    We should bring Magic back as a the sub this week so Goodes can break the record at the SCG against the Crows.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Look we all need to accept the fact that this is a national competition and it's not all centered on Sydney any more..... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Look we all need to accept the fact that this is a national competition and it's not all centered on Sydney any more..... :-)
    Next thing you'll say is that the Sun doesn't shine out of Sydney either.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It's not just fact that we lost he for the game, its that the boys will lose the confidence they get know he's in the side. Hopefully they play well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    It's not just fact that we lost he for the game, its that the boys will lose the confidence they get know he's in the side. Hopefully they play well for him.
    Don't agree, I think the young blokes will play well regardless. The older blokes who have played with Goodsie might be affected but I shouldn't think so. Players come and go and those that are left know they have to play on regardless. Yes, he is a great player, so were Mickey O, Tony Lockett, Kells, Kirky etc but you still have to play without them either when they are injured or when they retire. By the way we have been playing quite well without Goodsie doing very much so far. If anything in the first few weeks I thought he was trying to overplay everything instead of playing the team game.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    We should bring Magic back as a the sub this week so Goodes can break the record at the SCG against the Crows.
    Love it!

Yeah him not being in great form means we can breathe a little easier on having to rely on him. But in the Port game without him I don't think we could have kicked enough goals to beat them. His 2nd and 3rd efforts in the lead up to one of the goals was tremendous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast