Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Seaby

Mark Seaby

Something needs to be done here. I find it incredibly unfair that this guy is going to be automatically dropped the second Mummy is right. Yes, I know Mummy is the better option, but so far this year and many times last year when Mummy was injured/suspended, Seaby has come in and has more than just done the job, I think he's been outstanding.

I know we've tried at least 2 times that I can think of, maybe 3 times to play them together and it hasn't worked, but something needs to be done to allow Seaby to retain his spot when Mummy comes back in. I just thinks its unfair to drop him when he's done notheing wrong and played well.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by johnno; 22nd April 2012 at 11:09 PM.

Trade him to another team for a genuine forward.
    Win-win. I like Seaby though

I agree that he's been great and I've always been a fan of his as the insurance policy to Mummy. He's capable of being a number one ruckman in the AFL, I have no doubt. But unfortunately, we cannot carry Mummy and Seaby I believe in the one side in order to run with the best sides. Seaby is great to have on the list for when Mummy isn't right to go but he ought to know now that he is merely the insurance policy. He's just not athletic enough to play 70% forward IMO.

White I thought did a very good job as the 2nd ruck today incidentally.

Seaby was the best ruckman on the ground I thought too, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    Seaby was the best ruckman on the ground I thought too, for what it's worth.
    Yes. He won the hit out battle against Goldy and McIntosh. Mummy is the better ruckman but if we keep playing only one ruckman Seaby is probably going to get plenty of games.

Blog Entries
    Seaby played really well.
    Best game he's played for a while.
    Won majority of the ruck work, 2nd efforts, standing in the defence Goal square.
    Just not as coordinated as Mummy.

He was great. His failing port's medical was a blessing. Ruckmen get injured all the time, and is a hard position to fill. Keeping a second string experienced ruck on the list is a good move, provided he is happy to play the reserve role.

Ok, ok, they're both great teams.

I think this is just one of those cruel aspect of sport (and life). Mummy is an out'n'out champion and Seaby will probably never have as much impact week to week, despite being more than serviceable week to week. It is not fair, keeping a consistent performer in the reserves, but then again, how many people dream of playing one AFL game and never get to. So I probably shouldn't be crying for the bloke.

I feel for him. He really is a fantastic ruckman. I am VERY excited for the options we have to mix and match against the opposition. "Stewardship" of players is supposedly all the rage and I think we have a fantastic opportunity to get the most from two VERY talented players. Tricky but Horse seems to be a smart man.

Edit - "fantastic" being my word of the day... ;-)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Totally agree with most comments on this thread. I know Mark slightly as he goes to the church I am part of and a close friend sees him each week. Let's just say I don't think he much enjoys the reserves (compared to the firsts - who would) and I would love to see him play more often. His form was great in 2010 and I feel that he doesn't get enough games to play himself back into that form - he seems to improve the more he plays.

Unfortunately, he plays better as a first ruckman and "there can be only one". I for one am hoping that Mumford is well enough to play for us on Sunday as we need to do well against Hawthorn to show we're a genuine chance at the top 4 and they've got me worried.

I take some consolation that Seabs already has a premiership medallion (do the AFL players get rings?) and there are plenty of great players who don't have one of those.

I'm also a Seaby fan...but Mumford is better...
    If Mummy is out, I suspect Seaby will be even better this week.
    As said above, he seems to play better with the continuity of being the starting ruckman....so either way it's good for the Swans.
    No other team wanted him last year...that's our gain.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Any suggestions?
    yes, pick your best 22 on that criteria alone, bugger unfair.

Ask Seaby if he wants to be in the side because it's unfair or on sentiment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast