Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shattered for Gary

Looks like Gary would love a get well wishes tweet from @MileyCyrus - if you love Gaz and you're on Twitter, send a request to Miley. #giveGazatweet

Go on. Pretend you're a teenager again...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Senior Player
    Herald Sun can't even get the correct leg, despite their own photo of him clutching the right:

"Young Swans forward Gary Rohan will miss the remainder of the season after having a pin inserted in his broken left leg."

Maybe they'll fix it by the time you read this...

Happy and I know it
    Thomas is appealing the ban. This will be interesting.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    That photo is both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Seeing that thumbs up almost brings a tear to my eye, I'd be shattered if we never get to see him fulfil his potential in the future.

I saw him kick that goal yesterday then had to step out for a moment. I checked FanFooty and saw the tombstone next to his name and suddenly felt very concerned. You know an injury is really bad when you're better off doing an ACL.

Come back even better than ever Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogzbody View Post
    ...The one thing he has going for him is that he is young, strong, still growing ...
    Also, smart boy that he is, he didn't move an inch, and the doc got to him within a minute. A horrible injury but must have the best possible chance of a good recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Looks like Gary would love a get well wishes tweet from @MileyCyrus - if you love Gaz and you're on Twitter, send a request to Miley. #giveGazatweet

Go on. Pretend you're a teenager again...
    Make sure you include @RohanGary so he feels the love!

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Herald Sun can't even get the correct leg, despite their own photo of him clutching the right:
    At least they didn't talk about the horrific injury to a Larry Rowan. Their ability to name Swans players is getting better (never mind the commentators at the game getting ROK and Kizza mixed up ...)!

Just a quick question for someone not into Twitter. My 7 year old son wants to send a letter wishing him good luck. Is there a postal address I could send it to?

Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    Just a quick question for someone not into Twitter. My 7 year old son wants to send a letter wishing him good luck. Is there a postal address I could send it to?
    c/o Sydney Swans

PO Box 173
    PADDINGTON
    NSW 2021

or

Light Tower #4
    Driver Ave
    Moore Park
    NSW 2021

They will make sure he gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    c/o Sydney Swans

PO Box 173
    PADDINGTON
    NSW 2021

or

Light Tower #4
    Driver Ave
    Moore Park
    NSW 2021

They will make sure he gets it.
    Perhaps we could copy all the 'get better' posts from this thread and put them in a letter for Gary too?

Also r.e. Thomas' suspension it's complex but I reckon he's stiff. Gerard Whateley summed it up pretty well for mine on 360 tonight: Thomas simply tried to gather the ball, and more or less fell over. It was an accident. Thomas isn't a dirty player.
    Then again if the AFL are trying to stamp it out they might have to suspend him simply to make a statement.

p.s. Was anyone else bloody annoyed tonight at how many times they replayed Gary's incident on 360? @@@@ing give it a rest would you, bloody idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Also r.e. Thomas' suspension it's complex but I reckon he's stiff. Gerard Whateley summed it up pretty well for mine on 360 tonight: Thomas simply tried to gather the ball, and more or less fell over. It was an accident. Thomas isn't a dirty player.
    Then again if the AFL are trying to stamp it out they might have to suspend him simply to make a statement.
    Whateley is an idiot. I proved that when he was on the ABC after the TV rights deal was announced last year, but that's another story.....

The slide was intentional, the way he went about it was clumsy, but there is no way that he "more or less fell over". He would have to be blind or an idiot to believe that.......he could be both.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Whateley is an idiot. I proved that when he was on the ABC after the TV rights deal was announced last year, but that's another story.....

The slide was intentional, the way he went about it was clumsy, but there is no way that he "more or less fell over". He would have to be blind or an idiot to believe that.......he could be both.
    Don't agree, all players are taught to put there body in the way to protect the ball. The impact happened at speed in a contest. I feel sorry for both players, more for Gary obviously. Thomas would be absolutely devestated at the result of his attempt to gather the ball.

A horrible unfortunate incident. A sad part of playing footy. Not the first or last player to be hurt in an accidental collision.

The poor decision on Goodes does not make rubbing out Thomas correct. Sadly, the AFL have now painted themselves in a corner and their hand is forced.

Whateley is correct IMHO.