Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parker lifts Contested Possesion rate - Rnd 4 Stats 2012

Actually, serious question here......

Do we think he has passed Hanners? In terms of abiltity, skill and importance to the side?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post

Do we think he has passed Hanners? In terms of abiltity, skill and importance to the side?
    Can I choose them both??

I agree Hanners has had a quiet start to 2012 but you have to remember he had two surgeries in the off season and his last 10 or so games from last year were outstanding.

If Parker continues at the same rate he has been improving and Hanners gets back to his best (and he will improve too!) - we have two unbelievable players on our hands!

They're different types of players, Parks being the hard inside and Hanners more a running ball distributor. While Hanners still has some work to do on his disposal by foot, I'd rate them about the same
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Is Parker now more important to us than Mumford?
    That is a very big call. I would say no. We have more players who are similar to Parker than Mumford so although they are both good players, Mummy's a bit harder to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Is Parker now more important to us than Mumford?
    I will also say no.

Mumford is one of, if not the best, second effort ruckman in the comp. I believe last year he was at the pointy end for tapouts to advantage as well (does anyone know a site that has this stat?). While there is no one doubting that Parkers performances have been amazing, there is no argument that he is one of the best inside mids (unlike say JPK). Whereas there is a real argument to say that Mumford is one of the most effective ruckmen. Parker is 6 years younger, but youth does not mean much to me and certainly not when it will be a least 3 years, if not more, before Mummy?s age is even a consideration. So Mumford is the pick IMO.

(I know this is not the place, but whether JPK is more important than Mummy, is a difficult one to answer).

At the moment, yes. But I agree that Hanner's disrupted Pre-season has to be taken into account. What I'm really excited about is that with both of them plus JPK, we have the potential for 3/4 of of our own Fab 4 midfield. Need a 4th.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    At the moment, yes. But I agree that Hanner's disrupted Pre-season has to be taken into account. What I'm really excited about is that with both of them plus JPK, we have the potential for 3/4 of of our own Fab 4 midfield. Need a 4th.
    I think we probably already have that in Jack. As a foursome they are still a fair way off the best midfield combos of the last decade or so but they all have potential to improve but are all already performing at a pretty reasonable level. They also complement each other pretty well because they are slightly different kinds of player.

When I sat down to watch a replay of the Roos game I realised just how well Jack played. He's not quite hit the heights of his best games at the end of 2012 but he is working up to that kind of form. I really liked how he used his pace out wide to pinch a few balls others thought were going out, and his quick punch kicks off one step are starting to become more prevalent.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think we probably already have that in Jack. As a foursome they are still a fair way off the best midfield combos of the last decade or so but they all have potential to improve but are all already performing at a pretty reasonable level. They also complement each other pretty well because they are slightly different kinds of player.

When I sat down to watch a replay of the Roos game I realised just how well Jack played. He's not quite hit the heights of his best games at the end of 2012 but he is working up to that kind of form. I really liked how he used his pace out wide to pinch a few balls others thought were going out, and his quick punch kicks off one step are starting to become more prevalent.
    Got my 2 vote. Has really learned the game and we must remember he carried an ankle injury for much of last season. Is getting where the ball is at. Whereas a lot of midfielders are going to ground at contests he is playing just off the game and keeping his feet. Appears to have gone from a flashy type to a smart work horse who runs to support in the backline, and plays the team game.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Got my 2 vote. Has really learned the game and we must remember he carried an ankle injury for much of last season. Is getting where the ball is at. Whereas a lot of midfielders are going to ground at contests he is playing just off the game and keeping his feet. Appears to have gone from a flashy type to a smart work horse who runs to support in the backline, and plays the team game.
    He actually got my 2 vote as well. I love his little jink that he does now when he has the ball - the number of times the norf players were wrong-footed by it on the weekend was great. He faded a little in the 2nd half but I think they put a harder tag on him. I'm hoping that this means he is getting back to his best this year.

I was excited just from the footage of his junior work. Then came his debut and he showed enough to that I could envisage what was to come. He has presence, coolness, skill and toughness. He was also ready made body wise.

Warming the Bench
    The boy's good!,The boy's good!, The boy's good! the boy is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jam View Post
    I will also say no.

Mumford is one of, if not the best, second effort ruckman in the comp. I believe last year he was at the pointy end for tapouts to advantage as well (does anyone know a site that has this stat?). While there is no one doubting that Parkers performances have been amazing, there is no argument that he is one of the best inside mids (unlike say JPK). Whereas there is a real argument to say that Mumford is one of the most effective ruckmen. Parker is 6 years younger, but youth does not mean much to me and certainly not when it will be a least 3 years, if not more, before Mummy?s age is even a consideration. So Mumford is the pick IMO.

(I know this is not the place, but whether JPK is more important than Mummy, is a difficult one to answer).
    I don't understand why anyone would wish to compare them, one is a ruckman the other is an inside mid. They all have their value to the side in their own capacity, Parker can't do without Mummy and vica verca, the same goes for Joey. But I do think Joey will win the Brownlow!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast