Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Tribunal news from weekend's game - Thomas and Ted

Regular in the Side
    This thread pretty much sums up my thoughts - It's the lack of consistency that really gets to me. Feels like a trial by media where they were calling for Goodes' head last week and he was found guilty yet everyone was outraged over Thomas and he was cleared.

The AFL had a real chance to set a precedent to stamp out these types of incidents and (hopefully) reduce severe impact injuries such as Rohan's.

Instead they completely failed and players are still left confused by what they can and can't do - causing more dangerous grey areas in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    This thread pretty much sums up my thoughts - It's the lack of consistency that really gets to me.
    Me too. It's utter hypocrisy. I'm just spluttering mad at the moment, so can't articulate well ... just ... just ... grr.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    This is simply not right. It is irrelevant that his intention was the ball, because he wasn't charged with intent.

But I think this is wrong as well. His intention was to protect the ball and to knock his opponent out of the way. This is how players are taught to win the ball. Knock the player away and protect the space where the ball is.

There is no doubt that he didn't intend to break his leg. But he did intend to protect the ball come hell or high water.

That is part of what makes the game so exciting to watch - the sheer speed and physicality of the sport. But be under no illusions, he went past the ball with it on his inside so that he could make sure rohan wouldn't get to it. And if he collected rohan along the way well done to him.
    I agree with everything that you say except that it seems that you are condoning Thomas' actions. He wanted to make sure that Rohan was out of the way and given the way he arrived at the contest the only thing that was going to hinder Rohan was his feet. As evidenced by the outcome, that is a dangerous tactic to employ.

I agree with the intent of what Darcy said. I'm not sure a formal code of conduct for the players needs to be adopted, but I think any player that condones, let alone participates in that style of play, should be denigrated by his peers, teammates and opposition alike.

I went over to the big footy board and got myself banned as a way of protesting, that was fun
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    absolute joke....we know Thomas didn't mean it, but his leg is straight out with studs up..
    Goodsey was knees bent, how the hell did he get a week for knee to knee contact and thomas gets off sliding feet first into a pack...
    astounds me absolutely astounds me..

i guess seeing how we are 4-0 the victorian pack has to try and peg us back a bit...
    Since suspending Goodes didn't hurt us, they'll be after Parker and Kennedy next
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I can't believe he got off ... everything.
    Outrageous.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Very impressive reaction to the whole thing from Horse.

Longmire has no problem with Thomas beating charge Longmire has no problem with Thomas beating charge
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Great response but you know I reckon Goodsie would be feeling ( just quietly) really stiffed. So we move on and see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I went over to the big footy board and got myself banned as a way of protesting, that was fun
    Wish I had thought of that - might have helped me let off steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Very impressive reaction to the whole thing from Horse. [/url]
    I agree. And I like the way that Longmire is subtly giving support to Adam Goodes.

Thoughts by Leigh Matthews on sliding issue: see "Stand Your Ground" at http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...0/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I just had a visit.

wow the north melbourne club and supporters should all just drink a big huge amount of cyanide and just die already. They remind me of sociopaths..always on edge always snappy and very irrational.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast