Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribunal news from weekend's game - Thomas and Ted

I didn't notice the slide from where I was but if he went in "studs up" then a suspension is appropriate. It's the sort of thing that gets you a red card in soccer. If you're going to slide in, then it has to be safely or not at all. I'm sure Thomas didn't mean to do what he did, but it was clearly a negligent act.

I saw the Richards spoil at the time and thought it was a just a spoil with incidental head contact. A free kick was warranted but that's it surely.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    In a way I'm glad Thomas has been charged and it does help to justify Goodsey's suspension - the AFL really had no other choice did they? On the other hand it's pretty clear that it was unintentional and I reckon Thomas must also be feeling for Gazza today - as others have said, two wrongs don't make a right and it's pretty sad all up.

Makes me reiterate my feelings towards those that say the game is getting soft - accidents like these are always going to happen in fast-paced, athletic, contact sports. Anyone who infers that the game is soft should remember that these sorts of things can happen to AFL players with unfortunate regularity and you have to be a pretty tough cookie to accept that sort of risk in your chosen field.

Get well soon Gazza!

Now every Tom, Dick and Harry journo is on the twitterverse complaining that Thomas should not be charged, it was an accident blah blah blah.

I'm pretty meh whether he goes or not, it doesn't help the Swans any and it certainly wont help Gazza, but these same hacks had Goodes crucified before he even got to the tribunal last week in the biggest stitch up since Reuben 'Hurricane' Carter.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    If we are talking about that inadvertent "elbow on head" contact that Ted had it amazes me that it could be elevated to a charge that he only gets off because of a good record. If that is the incident it was not in any way reckless. Are they just creating problems & making jobs for people down there?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Lindsay Thomas didn't receive a free kick during the 2nd quarter so one can only assume it was an off the ball incident with Ted.

Given the amount of people who are ranting and raving about the Thomas charge I bet the MRP backs down. Hypocrisy in the highest. In this whole saga the MRP are the idiots, the Swans are the losers and the little Rooster is the victim.

Love listening to Gerard Healy on this issue. Thinks if Goodes was suspended Surjan should have been too. Also thinks that (given the similar incidents) because Thomas slid studs first he should be charged and that there should be a hard and fast rule on whether sliding (with feet/knees first) is allowed.

Exactly. Adjudicate with consistency and make a rule. None of this reckless conduct business.

Luke Darcy sees nothing wrong with what Thomas did, but was one of teh one calling for Goodes head. It's official, I don't like him
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Thomas should have got more than two weeks though. FFS ... Goodesy got one and he didn't snap anyone's shinbone. Should have got a month at least.
    Teddy's innocent ... or innocent enough to only cop a smack on the back of the wrist. (The MRP knew that Thomas deserved it anyway!!)

Good one.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 23rd April 2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Thomas to challenge

I sincerely hope he loses and gets three weeks instead of two.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Thomas to challenge

I sincerely hope he loses and gets three weeks instead of two.
    I'm with you on this one Annie.

We can't whinge about Goodes last week and then demand Thomas be suspended for a similiar incident.

It's a body contact sport and these things, as tragic as it was, do happen.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast