Thread: Anzac Day Match

Anzac Day Match

I watched the Anzac Day Match between Pies and Bombers yesterday and while the intensity was there I thought the skill level of both these sides quite poor. The amount of times players gave the ball up without huge pressure was astounding. The other thing was that under pressure players were very scrappy. The Swans used to be sus under pressure but we now are very good in that area. The delivery of both sides to the forward half was pitiful and any good backline would have punished them. The Forwards were also quite ordinary and Bombers were hard put to find a forward who could get a kick let alone kick a goal.

I believe if these teams play like that against good sides they will get walloped!

Yeah as good as a game they are saying, it was only close because of the deplorable skills of both teams. I couldn't help but think if the pies have been playing well above their potential under Mick? Some of the entries by the pies into the 50 were crap.

I have a very good feeling that we will finally break our horrible record against the pies and it will be done in good style with a 5 goal plus thumping.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveTheGoodes View Post
    Yeah as good as a game they are saying, it was only close because of the deplorable skills of both teams. I couldn't help but think if the pies have been playing well above their potential under Mick? Some of the entries by the pies into the 50 were crap.

I have a very good feeling that we will finally break our horrible record against the pies and it will be done in good style with a 5 goal plus thumping.
    I don't know if I would go quite so far as giving them a 5 goal thumping but even with their best in I think we will towel them this year. I don't think Essendon are as far along as the commentary teams are trying to tell us. I believe this is a beat up as James Hird is a good mate of all the blokes on the different commentary teams. The fact he needs Bomber Thompson to tell him what to do speaks volumes to me. Maybe Mick could come to Sydney next year as Mentor. The injury toll at Essendon is worrying for their development. Bomber has instituted a program of weight development to fast track the young players to AFL Standard build. That is always problematic in that they get injured because they are being brought along too quickly.

The bombers are 7-8th placed team max. The only reason they get there tyres pumped is because there are a few journos who are bomber fans, the huge supporter base which makes a ton of money for the AFL and yes because of St James Bloody Hird.

And haven't teams bloody learnt after watching the GF last year..put a hard tag on swan and he becomes useless. He can't break tags at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't know if I would go quite so far as giving them a 5 goal thumping but even with their best in I think we will towel them this year......
    I'm interested in what you view as a 'towelling' if you think a 5 goal thumping overstates it???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Maybe the rain for two days had something to do with the skill level.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I also think a very short turn around from the weekend meant they were very fatigued which is going to impact your skills.