Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 6: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves

Veterans List
    It is very hard for a side that has about 12 Swans players and 10 top ups. One group has a much more mature fitness base and as the game goes on the top ups/much younger players' game will drop off. To expect the group of 12 to drag the side over the line against some sides is a big ask. Most likely Morton wasn't sighted in the last 15 minutes because the pill wasn't going up his end. Can we have the quarter by quarter scores please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    There was an element of that Liz but you may be selling the Thunder a little short. They are a quality side and, despite losing a number of players at the end of last season, will go close again.

In saying that, I don't think the coaching staff will be happy with the team's final term at all though. They were smashed all over the ground and really should have lost by a lot more in the end.

Only a handful of the listed Swans impressed throughout, led by Gordon.

For me, it was the first time watching the ressies since they were linked to Port Melbourne and, while it was great to be cheering on the Bloods up here, overall I thought the endeavour of the group was pretty ordinary after quarter time (the game would have been over by the first break if they'd kicked straight).

TDL had a crack and Moore was useful and I enjoyed watching Harry, Biggs, Lamb and McNeil's efforts. I really hope Heath gets another go and Lynch (once we worked out it was him - I expected someone smaller) looks a likely one.

But Morton didn't look all that keen despite four goals - at least one of which he could have elected to shepherd through for a goal rather than mark on the line.

Armstrong looked.... well... unfit, to be honest.

By the first bounce, the temperature was 27 degrees and had dropped to around 23 by the end. Hardly an excuse for full-time paid professional athletes.

p.s I forgot to mention the effort of Meredith which was, to be honest, forgettable....
    Armstrong played in the 'A's last week and did a pretty good job. Definitely not at peak fitness yet due to injury interruption but will only get better as the season progresses. Biggs has just played his second game back from injury and Pykie his third. I am also impressed with Lynch, I think he may develop. I still believe Lambchop is not fit yet and is a bit on the heavy side and I blame the weights & fitness people for that. Walsh played ok from what I saw on the stream! I don't know what you guys up there thought.

We were killed in the middle in the last quarter and that included our rucks. Their big blokes murdered us and gave them first use of the ball.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    There was an element of that Liz but you may be selling the Thunder a little short. They are a quality side and, despite losing a number of players at the end of last season, will go close again.
    If I was selling them short, it wasn't intentional. I realise they are a very good side. I think the Swans did pretty well to match them in the first half and into the third quarter by applying the pressure they did. But they needed to keep that level of pressure up for the whole game and, for whatever reasons, they were not able to do so.

Had chances to put them away early in the game, but kicking points isn't going to win a lot of games. I'm sure the conditions played into the home sides favour late in the game, we looked to be doing it easy first half
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For those that missed it, or want to watch it again it's up on youtube

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567